Ole Henriksen Rub n Buff Salt Scrub and Le Mirador Melting Scrub Wash Away Dry Skin and Leave Your Skin Radiant and Ready for Bronzing!

It’s a hard life—trying all these beauty products and telling you which are the best ones!

Don’t feel sorry for me because 95% of the time it’s a lot of fun. The other 5% don’t ask!

My pet peeve with exfoliators typically is about the oil-based salt and sugar scrubs. You know the ones which you crack open and stir the goo a la cake batter so that it’s not all oil at the top. My irritation is with that excessive amount of oil. It’s slippery on the body and the excess on the floor of the shower or tub makes it a “slip and slide” experience which I don’t happen to think is fun.  I tend to dump a lot of that oil down a drain with hot water running.

Also shaving before a salt scrub is sheer torture. The phrase rubbing salt in the wound really has new meaning when using a salt scrub on freshly shaved legs. The trick would be to use the scrub before you shave.

Or you can avoid all the muss and mess and try a couple of new scrubs that I have found to be almost perfect. Ole Henriksen’s Rub n Buff Salt Scrub is a great product that’s not oily or runny. It’s thick with sea salt and essential oils of lavender and lemongrass so it’s both soothing and energizing. Used before shaving, it softens the skin so there is no drag. It’s the whipped consistency that got me to try it; the luscious fragrance kept me scraping away at the bottom of the jar to get the very last bit of it. . Rub it on and rub off dead skin with this spa quality product. If you share your shower with a guy, watch out! If he tries this product, you will be buying more fast! (Sephora.com select Sephora stores; Ole Henriksen spa in Santa Monica, Ca or OleHenriksen.com )

I  like sugar scrubs quite a bit. (Could be my sweet tooth going into overdrive.) I found a sugar scrub that’s a lot better than most of the sugar scrubs out there. Le Mirador Melting Scrub for the Body is one that I am reveling in using. This thick whipped cream isn’t oily and  starts to soften and melt  as it’s massaged onto the skin. With two sizes of natural sugar crystals, it polishes gently and the melting cream is chock full of cranberry, fig and cherry bark extracts. It does more than just exfoliate, it leaves you with silky soft skin. Try using it on elbows and heels—yes this velvety creamy scrub really works and it smells lightly of the cranberry, vanilla and fig. One good thing—guys won’t use it because it’s pink. ( QVC.com)

Oh don’t worry. I am not done! I have more that I have used, but these two were impressive. I used the entire Henricksen product and was addicted. Now I am using the Le Mirador and I have to say I love this one too.

Which one would I choose? Huh? Just give me one of each and I am happy!

See you later!

Stevie

>

Author: Stevie Wilson

Digital and social media pioneer and visionary meets disruptive innovator with a passion for topics and conversations that reveal insight into the So. California lifestyle. LA-Story.com appeals to a global audience (from Asia to Africa; Middle East to Europe, No. America to Latin America) in variety of topics and sectors: style (beauty and fashion), health & fitness, entertainment (movies, TV, books, music and more) ; food, beverages & spirits; IT Security + tech , travel, special events (red carpet to green carpet) I am known for interviews ( podcasts , textual and video conversations) with notables, celebrities and companies about interesting products & brands; profiles about places that reflect the So. CA vision and special events (Oscars, Golden Globes, Emmys & other events that illustrate celebrity , athletes and home-town "stars" lifestyle and initiatives.) that illuminate the insider's perspective of So. California's lifestyle . Learn what's hot in Los Angeles, NYC, MIami and stops closer to home that make this blog a must-read because the voice, attitude, authenticity and ability to grasp the essence of most sectors, brands & products make it easy for consumers to earn what makes a brand, initiative or product unique - whether, food, fashion or finance (or any other topic "on the table") With 15+ Years online launching websites, online magazines, forums, products & brands, my voice, authenticity and ability to grasp the essence of most sectors, brands & products make it easy for me to share what the online audience and consumers alike want to learn- how to shop, live and reflect the lifestyle they wish to emulate. Need to leverage digital and social media space? Reach out to me!

Share This Post On