Getting the MOST from Your Vodka- Skip the Flavors- Go for Vodka Flavored Vodka.. Courtesy of Reyka. LA-Story.com Cocktail Time Blog
Reyka Vodka is a new super premium, super clear and clean tasting vodka direct from Iceland. It’s most unique aspect is that it’s “vodka” flavored Vodka.. No extra flavors– just plain, clean taste that works with any other mixer.
Reyka Vodka is:
A “green” vodka, distilled using sustainable and clean energy from geothermal heat.
The first vodka distilled and bottled in Iceland (land of puffins, volcanoes and a female president)
Made from glacial water (sort of like how Jesus turned water into wine, not that Reyka is like Jesus or anything)
In honor of Iceland’s 63rd birthday, Reyka Vodka and Iceland Naturally have just announced a once in a lifetime contest for 1 lucky winner and 9 friends to fly to Iceland for three days and 2 nights of partying, soaking in the Blue Lagoon, sight seeing and to attend the world renowned Iceland Airwaves Music Festival.
Any US or Canadian resident over 21 can enter to win here: http://www.icelandnaturally.com/
The Iceland Airwaves Festival runs from October 17-21 2007 and the Lineup includes:
Bloc Party * Of Montreal * !!! * Best Fwends * Mum * GusGus * Buck 65
Bonde de Role* Annuals & Others to be announced soon
To get you in the mood for the trip we’ve compiled some quirky commercials from Reyka the world’s only Icelandic Vodka, and fascinating Icelandic facts below.
Contest Page: http://www.icelandnaturally.com/ “>>
Reyka Vodka spots featuring Hafdis Huld former singer of GusGus and current solo artist:
Humping Puffin – http://youtube.com/watch?v=pEYF1TFqbQI
Vodka Flavored Vodka- http://youtube.com/watch?v=RE44u4gkx24
Water into Vodka – http://youtube.com/watch?v=6O-BZhcuzG8
– 10% of the population of Iceland believes that elves “definitely” exist
– Bjork’s mother fasted for 3 weeks in 2002 to protest the building of a dam
– In 2006 Iceland was ranked as the 4th happiest nation in the world by an independent scientific study
– Traditional Icelandic dishes include: pickled ram’s testicles, putrefied shark, singed sheep heads, sheep head jam, and blood pudding
– Astronauts practiced for their moonwalk in Iceland
– There are only 300,000 people in Iceland, 137 of them are in jail
– All of Reykjavik is heated by underground hot springs