Jeans Too Long? Slipping Stilettos? Layers Weighing You Down? LA-Story Has the SECRET for Fashion Problems!
Ever have those weird fashion, body or clothing issues that you just want to make go away?
Here are some problems or queries that readers have sent to me asking for potential solutions
1) Do your pants or jeans keep sliding around– sliding down or moving up and down so that you have to keep pulling them up? It might be because your waist is smaller than your hips. One way to take care of that is by having them tailored but that’s a pricy and time consuming option. Or it’s because the lyrca in the pants, don’t give the material a lot of memory and they stretch out and thus start sliding later in the day. For a quick fix, try this nifty little product.
INVISIBELT is a genius product.
This clear, flat belt with a ultra-flat buckle that allows you to wear a thin fited top over it and you would never see it (yay) holds your pants exactly where you want them. It’s a perfect item (or gift) for anyone who is sticking to their diet resolution to get into that particular bathing suit (or wedding attire). If you have lost enough weight that the pants are a bit baggy but can’t justify buying a new wardrobe of pants and jeans, this Invisibelt can cinch in that waistline till you get to your target weight.
2) Slipping out of heels/stilettos. While the shoes fit at the store, sometimes they seem to have changed in the interim and you find your heels slipping right out of them. (been there, so done that!) Or you have worn your fave pair so much that they have stretched out and you are starting to slip out of them as you walk. Not only is it annoying and embarressing, it’s dangerous because you could trip on something or stumble. Instead get Airplus for Her Hug My Heels- inserts that stick to the back of your shoe. It makes the shoe overall more comfortable, but it also molds around your heel so that stretched out shoe now fits like a glove. At about $6 each, seriously less dinero than most shoe service places, and definitely less of a dent to the plastic than a new pair of shoes (though that won’t stop you from buying them!!)
Airplus for Her Hug My Heels- $5.99 at Walgreens, RiteAid, Wal-Mart, other mass merchants and drugstores.
3) Pants and jeans that are too long. One can’t fight genetics or mother nature but this is one key thing that drives me nuts! I have to have everything hemmed! What’s a girl to do when she wants to wear the same pair of pants with flats and also with heels? Tailors tape doesn’t always hold. (been there, tried that — woefully unsuccessful– and ruined pants that have to be replaced) Rather than wear pants with ragged hems, check out Zakkerz Magnetic Hems These magnetic pant hems allow you to take your favorite stiletto hemmed pants and make them suddenly work with those adorable flats or cute flip flops that you just bought. Hook on on the inside and the other on the outside of each pant leg and –voila’!– you have transformed your trousers to a multi-purpose & length pant. A miracle!! It’s a particular blessing for commuters who wear flats or those who are up and down stairs or escalators a gret deal. Just wear your flats and when you get to work, switch out to the heels and you are set!
www.zakkerz.com – $24.99
4) Either food has become your best friend or your workouts have stopped or the style of pants aren’t quite right and you have that “muffin-top” sort of effect. Not good– from any perspective — yours or others because it means you will wear that jacket till you die even if it’s 90 degrees and you are dying of heat. Or perhaps you wear layers — as many of us do at this time of year– and you want to wear a soft cozy layer underneath the wool sweater (that itches) or the nubby cardigan or pull over that’s somewhat sheer or even that very cool tunic that is a sheer wool (perfect for casual — not so great for the office). Problem solved courtesy of Spanx!! The Slim Cognito Cami provides comfortable shaping and smoothing starting at the top and smoothing all the lumps, bumps and bulges to give you a sleek line. Zoned compression provides smart shaping exactly where its needed, and removable underwire can be added to give “the girls” an extra lift. A soft, side pocket closure allows you to slip the wire in and out with ease while keeping it securely tucked in place. The Slim Cognito Cami is made with a silky-smooth fabric that won’t cling to clothes or add bulk. . Sizes: S-3X; Colors: Black & Nude
SLIM COGNITO CAMI- $74/$78(plus sizes) at www.spanx.com
5) Sweating and how to deal with excessize wetness. Whether it’s the weather, nerves or even raging hormones, sometimes anti-perspirant just doesn’t cut it. There is a solution so that your perspiration doesn’t ruin your clothes or your day. Garment Guards are an ultra thin shield that will protect your clothes from underarm perspiration stains, and your ego from an humiliatinog blow.
Made of breathable cotton, each pad has adhesive on one side that sticks to your garment, and then mold themselves to your body for up to 12 hours of sweat-stain free bliss. These are also a huge money saver! You won’t be running to the dry cleaners or washing machine as often so that you don’t get those icky yellow stains.
Garment Guards at www.beauty.com $23 for 12 pairs.
Any more fashion problems that you need solved? If so, send them to me and let’s find the solution!
Subscribe to RSS headline updates
Powered by FeedBurner
© 2007 KBP Inc.