Adventureland Hits Blu-ray & DVD: Hot Breakout Roles from Kristen Stewart & Ryan Reynolds
Sometimes watching DVDs about to drop is like a roll of the dice– paticularly if you haven’t seen the movie or have no clue what it’s really about. There have been movies hitting DVD faster than a drunk downing a tequila shot, othertimes, it’s a long time coming (Nobel Son) that should have hit theaters and should have been released long ago because the movie is so darn great.
Adventureland.. the Blu-Ray
Adventureland features a stellar cast that shows break-out performances from actors who are now name brands: Ryan Reynolds (loved him from the moment I saw him in Blade 3), Kirsten Stewart, Jesse Eisenberg, Bill Hader, Kristen Wiig — and it’s a Miramax film to boot, so it’s going to be better than your average movie. This is a comedy’s comedy.
Ryan Reynolds in Adventureland
Think back to your first couple of jobs (summer or otherwise). How bad could they have been? Terrible!! I had some horrific ones (the one where I was asked to work the 11PM-4 AM shift in a bar while under the age of 21. So not cool. So didn’t last more than 2 nights). (working in a department store selling towels. I didn’t care about towels. Someone asked me about ceiling height– were ceilings of different heights? Lame, yes)
t you did too. So you would definitely love the movie Adventureland
Director Greg Mottola follows up his runaway hit comedy Superbad with an irreverent and insightful look back at the summer of 1987 and that last
bittersweet moment between college and the “real world.” Available in Two-Disc Blu-ray™ Hi-Def, Two-Disc DVD and Single-Disc DVD, Adventureland will keep viewers in stitches long after the summer is past with its outrageous comedy and array of
“funtastic” bonus features. The Blu-ray™ Hi-Def edition also includes a Digital Copy of the movie that can be viewed on an array of electronic devices.
The film boasts a fresh young cast with impeccable comedy pedigrees including Jesse Eisenberg (The Squid and the Whale), Kristen Stewart (Twilight), Martin Starr (Knocked Up), Bill Hader (Tropic Thunder), Kristen Wiig (Forgetting Sarah Marshall) and Ryan Reynolds (X-Men Origins: Wolverine). Its irresistible vintage soundtrack rolls back time more than two decades with great ’80s pop songs by iconic music of the era, including The Cure, David Bowie, Crowded House, INXS, Lou Reed and more.
Adventureland trailer — it’s really funny!
Adventureland Bonus Features:
Both the Blu-ray™ Hi-Def and Two-Disc DVD editions of Adventureland include these exciting bonus feature:
• Deleted Scenes – With optional audio commentary by writer and director Greg Mottola
• Audio Commentary – With writer/director Greg Mottola and actor Jesse Eisenberg
• Just My Life: The Making Of Adventureland – Director and writer Greg Mottola sits down to reveal how his real life experiences helped inspire his unique comic vision for Daytrippers, Superbad, Arrested Development and now Adventureland.
Cast members Jesse Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart, Ryan Reynolds, Bill Hader, and Martin Starr also talk candidly about what shaped them into who they are today, including the worst job they ever had.
• Picture Music Selection
The Blu-ray™ Hi-Def edition of Adventureland keeps the fun coming with:
• Frigo’s Ball Tap – The “drive by,” the “ambush,” the “stranger,” the “tying of the shoe” and the knee-buckling, tear-inducing “Bangkok” are just a few of the nad numbing moves demonstrated by the testicle tapping guru himself, Matt Bush.
• Lisa P’s Guide To Style – Ms. “Rides, Rides, Rides” herself, Lisa P (Margarita Levieva), shares her totally hip, totally ’80s fashion advice from spiral locks to neon pink nail polish.
• Welcome to Adventureland – Fans can learn all there is to know about the Adventureland amusement park with a pair commercials, the employee orientation kit and a peek at the official drug policy.
Adventureland : MSRP: 29.99 for the 1-Disc disc DVD, $39.99 for the 2-Disc
DVD ; 44.99 for 2-Disc Blu-ray Hi-Def™ including digital copy.
Buy this movie NOW for a serious giggle. Make it even better by inviting a bunch of friends over to watch it with you and make it a party! It’s definitely a fun group movie
Available at amazon.com and also all major mass market retailers!