Amy Adams & Anne Hathaway Hit Golden Globes Celebrity Style Slam #6
Celebrity Style Slam #6 welcomes (and thanks) Nancy Lichtenstein for her time in this ongoing series. (*You didn’t think we would stop with the Golden Globes did you? We have SAG, Grammys and then the OSCARS!! Woot!)
For this Celebrity Style Slam it is Anne Hathaway versus Amy Adams on who wore it right!
*Turns out the color isn’t navy but teal (but given the sunlight why didn’t it show up that way? It must be quite dark).
* The dress is overwhelming the petite Amy Adams and this many ruffles makes her almost look like a birthday cake– or a Barbie Doll
* She’s not wearing much jewelry because the ruffles are overwhelming her — yet the neckline screams out for a necklace.
* The fishtail hem– enough already!! You have ruffled things up enough– why add a fishtail hem to the entire outfit. This dress is wearing Amy Adams– not the other way around
* You needed more and stronger makeup. The eyes are ok but your mouth still needs definition and a hint of color on your cheeks would have kept you from looking like Julie!
* Decide on a hair style that works with your dress, not against it!
Amy Adams Stars: 2.5 Stars
* A strong sleekly designed circular pailletted dress (*also known as sequins) in bronze that warms Hathaway’s skin tone and works with her hair
* The long flowing waves of hair kept this dress from becoming stiff and formal.
* Her makeup (Chanel) is dead-on perfect
* The gown really does right by Anne’s body. She looks smashing. The dress clings in the right places and skims over others. The only negative is the sharp shoulders and that would have been better had this been a halter or racer back dress– given the weather in LA that day (80 degrees) it would have been a smart move.
* Everything works together. There is no need for a lot of jewelry since the pailletes are offering a lot of shine!
Stars: 4.75 Stars
* Note to Amy Adams– Hire us as your stylist. We can make you look as good as Anne but still be yourself.
Stevie Wilson, LA-Story.com
If you want to feature content from LA-Story.com, please remember to linkback to the specific page & please email the link to email@example.com
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc. 2007-11