Secrets of the Red Carpet: Debra Duneier Gives 5 Smart Tips on Surviving the Golden Globes Party Blitz
Los Angeles has been buzzing for tonight’s Golden Globes Awards. With all the additional events and awards given earlier this week, the electricity of this event seems to have hit the Richtor Scale with serious intensity. With nightly celebrations and events typically lasting quite late– often till dawn, how can one survive and recharge for events and the publicity blitz that accompanies these events. Yesterday I happened to interview Debra Duneier about other topics that are ecologically friendly and distinctively interesting — and necessary– information. However we did touch on this and she told me to go find this article about surviving the Golden Globes ( Oscars, Independent Spirit Awards, WGA, PGA and other awards events.
“Being your best self allows you to more fully enjoy the celebrations of life” says Debra Duneier, author of EcoChi: Designing the Human Experience (p://www.ecochi.com).
Don’t worry about keeping up with the pace. Just follow these five simple tips to be your festive best and be one of those who get invited back. .
1. Get a good night sleep the night before a party. If the Golden Globes Awards season has you out every night, simply take a 20 minute nap before you dress.
Find time to rest, relax, meditate or take a bubble bath so you are rejuvenated in time for the festivities.
2. Energize yourself by listening to your favorite music while you dress for the evening. The vibration of music elevates your mood and outlook.
3. Do not go to the party starving! In order to avoid a drop in energy early in the night, eat something before you leave home. This way you can socialize like a graceful butterfly instead of strategically standing near the kitchen all night, first in line for the pass around Hors d’oeuvres.
4. Red and orange are hot colors that have an electrifying vibration. Dress in these colors or just add as an accessory in these colors and you are sure to get noticed!
5. Choose a fragrance that energizes you. Remember that your perfume has the power to attract people to you. Use a light hand when applying so people want to get closer to you so they can delight their senses.
About the Author:
Debra Duneier is the Founder and President of EcoChi, LLC, and Living Home by Debra LLC, author of EcoChi: Designing the Human Experience (http://www.ecochi.com), a Feng Shui Master Practitioner, an accredited LEED® Green Associate, Certified Eco-Designer, and a New York State licensed real estate broker. Debra currently sits on the advisory board of the Sarut Group, which includes Pylones USA and The Tea and Honey Store. She is a member of the US Green Building Council, Women Builders Council, the Real Estate Board of New York, the Retail Marketing Society, the American Management Association’s Sales and Marketing Council, the International Feng Shui Guild, The Green Finance Committee of the Manhattan Chamber of Commerce and is a founding member of the Women’s Leadership Exchange’s LEXCI and the Belizean Grove.
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org before the piece goes live.
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc. 2007-12