PAPA BEN’S SPICY PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE Created by Celebrity Chef, RANDY FUHRMAN & More Treats for Thanksgiving!!
While you think that you have time before the holidays, guess what, they start rolling in next week! So in light of that + HANNUKAH too at the same time, here are some items for your consideration that offer a bit of a twist on the typical Thanksgiving traditions.
Randy Fuhrman and Gail Lesser-Gerber (President, Papa Ben’s Kitchen!)
With the Southwest flavors of chipotle, holiday spices has a really different meaning. Celebrity Chef Randy Fuhrman is *AMAZING* when it comes to giving you new treats to make. He gives you lots of opportunities to garner the kudos while giving you all the tips that you need to make this fabulous cheesecake. PLUS there are different ways you can use Mandelbroyt to spice up your holiday desserts and sweets!
First Position a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F.
For the Papa Ben’s Kitchen Spicy Chipotle with Ginger and Dark Chocolate Mandelbroyt crust:
• About 10 to 12 chipotle mandelbroyt slices (to yield 2 ½ cups cookie crumbs)
• 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
• 1/4 cup chopped candied ginger (optional)
• 3 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
PLUS now there are Chipotle with Ginger and Dark Chocolate Mandelbroyt for sale!
For the spicy pumpkin cheesecake filling:
• 1 1/2 lb. (3- 8-oz. packages) cream cheese, at room temperature
• 1 1/3 cups packed dark brown sugar
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
• ½ tsp. ground ginger
• 1 tsp. ground chipotle chilies
• ¼ tsp. ground allspice
• ¼ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
• ¼ tsp. table salt
• 4 large eggs
• 3 large egg yolks
• 1 tbs. pure vanilla extract
• 2 tbs. Southern Comfort
• 2 cups can pure solid-packed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
Make the crust:
1. Pulse the cookies and brown sugar in a food processor until well combined and the crumbs are uniform.
2. Transfer to a medium bowl; add the melted butter. Combine thoroughly
3. First, mix with a spoon and then with your fingers until the mixture is evenly moist, crumbly, and holds together when you squeeze a handful. Press the mixture evenly over the bottom and partway up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
4. Chill for 5 minutes and then bake for 10 minutes in a 350 oven . Let cool.
Make the filling:
1. Heat a kettle of water
2. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, chipotle powder and salt.
4. Add this mixture to the cream cheese. Beat until well blended, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
5. Add the eggs and yolks one at a time, making sure each is thoroughly incorporated before adding the next, and scraping down the bowl after each.
5. Blend in the vanilla , southern comfort and pumpkin until well blended.
6. Scrape the batter into the cooled crust. The batter will come up past the crust and will fill the pan to the rim. Tap the pan gently once or twice on the counter to release any air bubbles.
7. Set the pan in a larger baking dish (a roasting pan is good), and add enough hot water from the kettle to come about halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
8. Bake until the top of the cake looks deep golden and burnished and the center is set (the cake may just barely begin to crack), 1 hour 35 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes. The cake will jiggle a little bit when tapped. The top may rise a bit but will settle as it cools.
9. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and run a thin-bladed knife between the crust and the pan sides (this will prevent the cake from breaking as it cools).
10. Let the cheesecake cool to room temperature in the pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill overnight.
• Coarsely Crush 4 Papa Ben’s Kitchen Spicy Chipotle with Ginger and Dark Chocolate Mandelbroyt cookies
• ½ cup melted semi sweet chocolate
1. Place cookies around edge of cheesecake
2. Take melted chocolate and drizzle over the crushed Mandelbroyt
3. Refrigerate for 20 minutes
4. Bring out 1 hour before serving and enjoy!
The video HOW-To on this recipes!
Also for those looking for some other treats, check out these great cookies to dress up your holiday dessert table! Get Gail and Jenica’s Dipped Mandelbroyt recipe too!
Kudos to the creative partnership of Papa Ben’s Kitchen and Randy Fuhrman for such a fabulous cheesecake!
Check out the recipes on the Papa Ben’s Kitchen website!!
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to email@example.com before the piece goes live.
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc./TNBT Inc 2007-13