If you rewind to earlier today, you will find the Part 1 post on Pravana Festival Hair! Here’s the much-awaited part 2–which is much longer than part 1. Do realize that hair styling by Kait Marie are the featured breakdown(s) along with makeup by Karen Sarahi. So check this out and get a bit of the scoop on Pravana in case you haven’t heard of this brand or have questions about this phenomenal brand that I love so much. ( I think I am on Pravana Perfection Smoothing treatment #6 by now!)
PRAVANA hair care and hair color products are always free of parabens, sulfites, sulfates, cocamide DEA, formaldehyde, phthalates, and many other ingredients commonly used in cosmetic products but known to be harmful to users or the environment. This hybrid approach, which marries time proven botanical extracts and natural proteins with modern elements such as nano-amino acids and micro-polymers, provides hair care that is truly super-natural while also protecting the planet and its people.
Want to see what makes Pravana so special and so “Coachella perfect”? It’s the hair color that gives you the freedom to go deep, crazy great and also innovate what your personal style is — if only for a weekend!
Festival season officially kicked off last weekend! If you’re looking for creative hair color ideas, or don’t know yet what to do with your hair style, PRAVANA invites you to check out the latest videos, PRAVANA PRESENTS: VIVIDS Festival.
It’s a two-part series, first covering the hair color technique, inspired by the ever-changing colors in mood rings and done by celebrity stylist Danny Moon who was responsible for Nicole Richie’s lavender locks. You can see part one in the post from earlier on 4/17.
AFTER: Wilder and crazy-fun! YES!!
How to create 3 styles for Coachella Festival that maximizes the color exposure as well as embodies the fashion presentation that Francis wanted to make! Hair styling by the fabulous Kait Marie from Bree salon in Studio City, CA.
1. Begin with clean, dry, smooth hair. Mist VIVIDS Color Protect Sealing Spray throughout hair. This mist is specially formulated with double UV protection to shield bright hair colors from fading in the sun.
2. Follow with NEVO Invisible Control for heat protection, texture, and memory long-lasting hold.
3. Backcomb at the scalp through the top of the head then spray lightly with NEVO Super Shape.
4. Working from the nape to the crown, take random 1” pieces of hair and curl loosely through the ends, leaving some pieces out.
5. Backcomb the hair in the crown for full volume.
6. Starting in the front hairline, create a waterfall braid:
a. Start with three strands.
b. Cross the bottom strand over the middle strand.
c. Cross the top strand over the middle strand and allow to drop out.
d. Gather a new strand from the bottom
e. Repeat and continue into the crown.
7. Loosen the braid, then fasten with a clip. Repeat through the other side.
8. Cross the two braids, then loosen hair through the crown. Secure the braids together with an elastic band.
9. Braid a loose strand then wrap around the elastic band and secure with a bobby pin.
10. Loosely curl the remaining hair through the sides.
11. Add accent braids, then tease through the ends and spray with NEVO Super Shape to secure.
12. Take small strands, flat-wrap around a small cylinder then flat iron and finger tease to add texture to the hair.
1. Start with Day One look.
2. Add NEVO Hydra Pearls to the mid-length and ends to tame, smooth and add shine to day two hair. Keep the waterfall braids secured.
3. Separate hair into two, leaving strands out in the front hairline.
4. Create a fishtail braid:
a. Divide hair into two.
b. Pull a small piece from the outer edge of one side and cross over, gathering it into the other side.
c. Repeat this process on the other side.
d. Then working from side-to-side work your way down to the ends of the hair.
5. Repeat the fishtail braid on the other side.
6. Backcomb through the ends to secure.
7. Sprinkle NEVO Lived-In to the braid and pull the braid apart, creating texture, hold, and volume.
Day 3 Look – part 1
1. Start with Day Two look.
2. Cross one braid over and tuck ends in a coil shape.
3. Secure with bobby pins.
4. Cross the other braid under and tuck ends into the first braid.
5. Secure with bobby pins.
6. Loosen, secure, and pin hair into place.
7. Finish with NEVO Super Shape for all-day hold.
Day 3 look- the back!
The makeup works the colors in her hair as well as the type of clothing Francis is wearing at Coachella! Thanks to all the people below along with Pravana for providing all this content!
Colorist: Danny Moon @majormoonn
Stylist: Kait Marie @kaitmariehair
Makeup: Karen Sarahi @iluvsarahii
Model: Francis Lola @flamcis
Photographer: Huck Hinshaw @pleasantlycavingin
Courtesy of PRAVANA @Pravana
DEALS and STEALS
I am required to tell you that I am an “affiliate” with these brands. I curate deals that offer bonuses, bargains and great products –and some are very specifically for this site to feature to YOU!
The amount I make has yet to be determined that despite people going to visit the links (and it’s in the thousands every month), I have yet to have anyone buy anything from them.
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org before the piece goes live.
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc./TNBT Inc 2007-16