It’s time for a special Valentine’s cocktail.
To elevate your typical cocktail or glass of wine, blend SIMI’s classic Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon with our signature Cab-Berry syrup, created by Saving the Seasons cookbook author, Kevin West. Perfect for both a romantic night in for two or for sharing among friends at a festive fête, SIMI’s Cab-Berry cocktail is an elegant seasonal sip, ideal for occasion you may have planned for this Valentine’s Day.
This one doesn’t require a lot of expertise at mixing up a drink as much as it does knowing how to follow an easy 2-part recipe to make a Cab-Berry Syrup and then mix the syrup into a pitcher cocktail! This recipe features Simi Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon! This recipe does require some refrigerator time to blend flavors so make the syrup the day before and then stir up a pitcher of drinks early on Valentine’s Day and allow it to chill in the refrigerator!
SIMI Cab-Berry Cocktail Recipe
*makes 1 pitcher
· 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
· 1 cup halved strawberries
· 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
· 1 (750 ml) bottle SIMI Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
· ½ cup of SIMI Cab-Berry Syrup *recipe below
· 1 cup sparkling water or soda
· 1/2 cup vodka
1. Mix all ingredients together and let stand in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator before serving
SIMI Cab-Berry Syrup
· 2 pounds mixed blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries
· 4 cups sugar
· 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
· 1 bottle SIMI Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
1. Rinse the berries and drain well. Place in a large saucepan with the sugar, and crush. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently, and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, and set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Add the wine, and stir to combine.
2. Store in the refrigerator for two hours, or as long as overnight.
3. Strain the wine-fruit puree through a sieve, capturing the syrup in a bowl.
4. Bring the finished syrup to a boil.
Thanks to Simi Valley
DEALS and STEALS
I am required to tell you that I am an “affiliate” with these brands. I curate deals that offer bonuses, bargains and great products –and some are very specifically for this site to feature to YOU!
The amount I make has yet to be determined that despite people going to visit the links (and it’s in the thousands every month), I have yet to have anyone buy anything from them.
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including images, podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org before the piece goes live.
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright 2007-2018