Getting Married Soon? Last Minute Bridal Beauty Tips: How to Fix Smudged Eye Makeup! Guest Expert!
Lots of people get married at this time of year. While it’s full of fun and lots of great events, it’s also a time of frustration and planning for last minute emergencies -particularly when it comes to the bride! Guest Expert, Roni Burg has a great list of “emergency fixes” for all kinds of bridal beauty “fixes”.
Last Minute DIY Tips for Bridal Beauty Emergencies: How to Fix Smudged Eye Makeup
When it comes to anything – even weddings – you should expect the best but prepare for the worst. From your wedding invitations to your venue and even your hair and makeup, it’s always a good idea to have a backup plan in mind. You may have had a professional makeup artist do your makeup an hour before the wedding, but heat, humidity, and tears can do a number on even the highest quality makeup. It’s even a bigger concern if you’re having an outdoor wedding.
Even the most carefully applied makeup can shift or change due to environmental conditions or fluctuating emotions. Your mascara could run. You may notice a skin imperfection the morning of the ceremony, but not to worry. With a DIY beauty emergency kit on hand and a little know-how, you can handle anything that comes your way with poise and confidence. Here are some items to have on hand:
1. Tweezers. Tweezers can help with clumped eyelashes or stray hairs.
2. Tissues. Tissues can clean up smudged makeup and wipe away those tears of joy.
3. Blotting papers. These will help blot away excess oil and help reduce shine.
4. Lipstick. Eating and drinking can rub off the color, so keep a small tube of lipstick on hand for quick touch-ups as needed.
5. Clear nail polish. This handy item can smooth out any chips in nail color.
6. Face mist. Keep some on hand to calm the skin and refresh dull makeup.
Once you have your required items on hand, you’ll want to know how to use them to fix sudden beauty emergencies.
How to Fix Smudged Eye Makeup
This is a common issue since mascara goes on wet and doesn’t dry quickly. You can use waterproof mascara, but sometimes even the heavy-duty stuff can smudge or flake.
If tears and perspiration have left you with a black-streaked mess, use a damp tissue, paper towel, or cotton swab to dab away the streaks around your eyes. Be careful to avoid placing the tissue directly on the eyes because you don’t want to smear the eye makeup that has remained in place.
You can take things a step further and dip a small-tipped concealer brush into a tiny bit of foundation. Apply around the eyes to remove smudges and set the makeup in place.
Preventing Eye Makeup Smudges
You can prevent eye makeup mishaps before they even happen. Here are some tips for spot-on mascara and eyeshadow that stays in place:
1. Clean your face. An oily face makes it easier for makeup to smear, so wash your face before applying makeup. Don’t overlook your eyelids!
2. Apply a moisturizer and primer. Moisturize your entire face except for the eyelids. Next, add an eye primer, which will allow for a smoother makeup application that stays put.
3. Find a formula with some staying power. Regular mascara won’t cut it. For your wedding day, you need something powerful that can stay in place for the entire day. Therefore, stick with long-wear or waterproof mascara options so you won’t have to deal with smudges or touch-ups.
4. Set the makeup. Once the eye makeup is applied per your preferences, set it with an appropriate powder. If you use creamy makeup, set it with matching powdered eyeshadow. If you used powder as your base makeup, set it with a blotting powder.
5. Keep makeup remover handy. If you still end up with an eye makeup emergency, don’t fret. Keep eye makeup remover close by so you can remove smears as necessary. A good portable option to consider is to use makeup remover sticks, which are cotton swabs formulated with makeup remover. You can keep them in a purse for quick fixes.
6. Keep eye makeup handy. If you do come across any makeup issues, just remove and reapply. Eye pencils and mascara take up very little room in your purse, so keep them readily available, and you’ll be prepared for anything.
How to Fix Other Beauty Emergencies
1. Puffy eyes. Ideally, we would wake up looking refreshed on the day of our wedding, but stress and excitement can cause you to skimp on sleep. This can cause you to wake up with puffy eyes. The good news is, you can fix this issue in about 20 minutes. Your mother or grandmother may have told you about the frozen spoon trick and, while you may dismiss it, it’s not an old wives’ tale. It really does work. Grab two metal teaspoons and place them in the freezer for 20 minutes. Place them face up on your eyelids, making sure they are fully covering your eyelids. Keep them there for several minutes. As an alternative, you can use ice cubes wrapped in a paper towel.
2. Blemishes. Blemishes are a woman’s worst fear, especially on the day of a special occasion. If this happens on the day of your wedding, you would ideally be able to call your dermatologist and have it injected with cortisone. Not an option? Apply mint toothpaste or Visine to the skin and let it set for as long as possible. Once you’ve reduced the redness, use concealer to transform this pesky imperfection.
3. Lipstick smudges. You definitely want your lipstick to stay in place for every kiss and photo opportunity. A few days before the big day, exfoliate your lips for a smooth pucker and keep them moisturized with a quality balm. For the big day, use a lip liner that matches your lipstick and use it to fill in the lips. Then, apply lipstick, blot with a tissue and then apply a second coat. Lastly, try this timeless trick to make sure there isn’t any lipstick on your teeth. Pop one finger in your mouth and then pull it out. Any lipstick on your teeth will come right off.
On your wedding day, you have enough to worry about without fretting over your makeup on your special day. Armed with these tips and some DIY knowledge, you can easily fix any beauty emergency that comes along, leaving you to enjoy the wedding of your dreams!
Author Bio: Roni Burg
Ronnie is the content manager for The American Wedding. When she’s not scouring Pinterest and Instagram for the most adorable weddings, you can find her on her paddleboard with her pugs, Max and Charlie.
Follow The American Wedding on these social platforms!
Thanks to Roni Burg for a great set of “emergency fixes” perfect for every bride. It’s a crazy time when one is getting ready for the actual wedding and this list is a MUST HAVE list of products (and how to use them) to make your bridal beauty look (and your wedding day) just about bulletproof!
DEALS and STEALS(Affiliate Links)
I curate deals that offer bonuses, bargains, and great products –and some are very specifically for this site to feature to my audience because I want my audience to get amazing products from great brands! If you purchase via my link, I make a very small percentage for that purchase. It does not add any additional cost to the product. The price you see is the retail price (depending on store or vendor) .
Trish McEvoy Eye Defining Trio! ($65, a $91 value)
What it is: Don’t miss the chance to get Trish’s best-selling Gel Eyeliner plus both of her iconic tubular mascara formulas in one eye-defining set.
The trio includes + What does each product do?
—The Intense Gel Eyeliner Pencil is an intensely pigmented, long-wearing gel eyeliner in pencil form.
Full-size Intense Gel Eyeliner Pencil (0.04 oz.)
—Trish’s High Volume Mascara is a revolutionary mascara that forms a water-resistant, 360-degree coating around your lashes, dries instantly and won’t smudge or smear.
Full-size High Volume Mascara (0.18 oz.)
–-Her Lash Curling Mascara is a better-than-waterproof formula that wipes away with warm water.
Full-size Lash Curling Mascara (0.18 oz.)
Made in the USA
BUY IT NOW: https://fave.co/2BK0IxF
RevitaBrow® ADVANCED Duo by REVITALASH®
Details & Care
What it is:
A formula that delivers a proprietary blend of scientifically advanced peptides, revitalizing extracts and nutritive vitamins to help beautify and enhance the look of bold, defined brows.
What it does:
It conditions to help protect from brittleness and breakage, helps improve manageability creating soft velvety brows, helps defend from daily aggressors and enhances the beauty of natural eyebrows that may appear sparse or damaged. High-impact proprietary technology, peptides and botanicals saturate your eyebrows with moisture, keeping them soft, luxurious and healthy-looking.
– RevitaBrow ADVANCED (0.1 oz.)
– Bonus RevitaBrow ADVANCED (0.1 oz.)
How to use:
Begin by washing your hands and face with mild soap and water. Let your face and eye area dry completely prior to application. Using the doe-foot applicator, apply once per day to clean, dry eyebrows. Apply a few short strokes onto each eyebrow. Please note that only a small quantity is needed to beautify and promote the attractiveness of your natural eyebrows. Be sure to let it dry before applying makeup.
Buy It Now: https://fave.co/2obBuP8
JO MALONE LONDON™
Wood Sage & Sea Salt Fragrance Combining™ Collection,
Price $100.00 Free Shipping
What it is: A collection that allows you to discover new ways to pair Wood Sage & Sea Salt to create scents with endless possibilities.
Fragrance story: Escape the everyday with Wood Sage & Sea Salt, which captures the scent of the windswept coast and is totally joyful.
Pair it with playful Nectarine Blossom & Honey for a succulent, fruity scent, spirited with sea salt freshness.
Or, layer with sensual Dark Amber & Ginger Lily for a distinctive woody fragrance that blends amber, woods and a touch of sea salt.
Whatever you choose, discover your unique scent with Fragrance Combining™.
– Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne (0.3 oz.)
– Wood Sage & Sea Salt Body Crème (0.5 oz.)
– Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne (0.3 oz.)
– Nectarine Blossom & Honey Body Crème (0.5 oz.)
– Dark Amber & Ginger Lily Cologne Intense (0.3 oz.)
– Dark Amber & Ginger Lily Body Crème (0.5 oz.)
How to use: Wear these scents solo or layer them for truly individual effects with Fragrance Combining.
Made in the UK
In celebration of Jo Malone’s passion for the elegant art of gift giving, the set comes presented in a signature box tied with a ribbon.
BUY IT NOW: https://fave.co/2LrPVYn
Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including images, podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to email@example.com before the piece goes live. LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam ark/Copyright 2017-19