Jo Wood Organics: Jo Woods Talks About Her New Organic LUXURY Body Line Podcast and BLOG for Beauty Buzz Blog!
If you haven’t heard about Jo Wood Organics, you haven’t been reading your beauty magazines. This super luxe line of body care products is sweeping the country-check that– try the world! This gorgous line is the baby of Jo Wood, wife of Rolling Stones guitarist, Ron Wood. Not a riff off the Stones’ fame, but a line able to stand alone amongst some of the best of the products in the fragrance, body and organic categories.
Long a fan of the organic lifestyle, Woods started this line when she found very few products for the body that were both organic and luxurious. If you are going to spend serious money on great organic products and put it on your body it should 1) smell good and 2) look fabulous on the dressing table or in your bathroom..
The thesis behind Jo Wood Organics is that by limiting the chemicals and quantity of them applied to our skin, we can reduce the intake and absorption of toxins–which means healthier skin, hair and YOU!
Jo Wood –working in concert with a very talented chemist — selected the highest grades of organic essential oils, essences, and plant extracts. Woods was extremely picky to use only accredited and audited growers–which means the products are pure and 100% natural! One of the most interesting facts about the line is that it contains no water, but features an ultra-filtered form of orange juice known as vegetal water which provides anti-oxidants to the skin.
The collection features just five product categories and done in two fragrances
the energetic Amka (Swahili for “to wake”) and Usiku (Swahili for “sleep”), a warm and sensual blend. Choose them based on mood.
Top Notes: Neroli, Bergamot,
Heart Notes: Iranian Rose Otto, Egyptian Jasmine
Base Notes: Cedarwood.
Top Notes:Rosemary, Pine Needle, Spicy Cardamom, Hot Ginger
Heart Notes: Coriander, Clove, Clary Sage
Base Notes: Moroccan Cedarwood, Patchouli, Vetiver.
The five products include:
- Organic Bath Oil a highly concentrated fragrance oil that will revive body and spirit as it is added to running bath water. Available in Usiku and Amka
- Organic Body Oil is a rich moisturizer that contains extracts of gingko, guarana, and ginseng to step up the circulation. Apricot and grapeseed oils are rich in anti-oxidants and will protect skin against free radicals. Arctic Bilberry leaves skin soft and supple thanks to this valuable and rare Vitamin E rich oil. Available in Usiku and Amka
- Organic Body Lotion is a light, easily absorbed lotion that contains the active “organic orange water” which transports nutrients directly to skin cells to boost collagen production and improve tone Gingko, guarana, ginseng, and Arctic Bilberry are the other ingredients. Available in Usiku and Amka
- Organic Body Dew is the perfect energizer for the body and soul. This light spray fragrance contains orange water, gingko, guarana, and ginseng and will boost your spirits and energize your body when you feel tired and sluggish. — Available ONLY in Amka
- Organic Body Soap a velvety soap combining Mexican honey wiht the softening and soothing effects of oatmeal. Available ONLY in Usiku
These products are the real deal and meant to be handled carefully. Those who know the potency of organic ingredients realize that organic essential oils are absorbed rapidly into the skin and reach the blood stream. It’s potent stuff and can affect your physical and emotional being fairly quickly.
This is an evolution into high end organics and holistic skin and body products that are truly going to be good for your mind, body and soul —more than you would typically think of in a fragrance collection. It’s exceptionally unique and one whiff of an open bottle or the soap and you will know that Jo Wood Organics is something terrific!
Now that I have given you the basic 411 here, what’s my take on this line? HEAVEN in a bottle. No lie!! Choosing a fragrance might be hard. Think about the different products and how often you use the product type and because I seem to change my scent daily (based on numbers of bottles on my dresser), I would recommend buying one product in one scent, and another product in another scent. If you are person who needs to relax more in the evening– choose Usiku for the Bath Oil. It will give you a relaxing, sensual experience. Love to use fragrance in the AM to get you going? The Body Dew in Amka would be a great choice to give you an energizing start to the day! Also you might want to drop hints regarding this line for Mother’s Day or give it as a gift for Mom or Dad. It would make an awesome gift for a bridal shower too. (just "enabling" you on reasons to buy this line.) Those who have purchased this line become addicted to the essential oils and its high quality.
For more information on the line, check out www.jowoodorganics.com and Neiman Marcus Fashion Island in Newport Beach (a hop, skip and jump from South Coast Plaza), Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills, www.neimanmarcus.com as well as Bergdorf Goodman.
Fashiontribes Fashiontribes Files Jo Wood Organics Jo Wood Body Products Los Angeles Organic Holistic Neiman Marcus Fragrance Bath Oil Natural Products Luxury Celebrities Beauty Buzz Blog Style Expert LA Story blog Beauty Buzz blog Beauty Rolling Stones Ron Wood LA Expert Bergdorf Goodman LA expert Fashion Expert Exotic Treatment Beauty expert