BILLION DOLLAR BABES Hits San Francisco: the BEST of BDB Via the LA Story Fashionntribes BLOG and PODCAST
Stevie here from Fashiontribes.com and boy have we got a scoop for you– especially for SAN FRANCISCO girls though LA girls are welcome too. !!! listen up to the podcast and read down (and print out) the pointers from Shelli-Anne Couch of Billion Dollar Babes! Heads up.. the Podcast is from the LA BDB sale.. but that doesn’t mean there’s not a lot to be gained by listening to it. Plus the story below gives you all the sizzling HOT 411 on the sale. So read on girly girls..
If you have ever been to a sample sale, then you have heard of Billion Dollar Babes. If you haven’t been to a sample sale, now’s the time to lose your "sample sale virginity" and hit the pavement with your gal pals and a fairly open credit card (and a whole lot of restraint) to go shopping for gorge name brands and fashions that will take your breath away.
Returning to the "city by the bay" at Dogpatch Studios (991 Tennesse Street) is Billion Dollar Babes Sale on Friday, April 7 and Saturday, April 8 providing thousands of premium designer garments, shoes and accessories from Fashion Week’s best at
outrageous wholesale prices and below. BDB isn’t just a sale; it’s an event. With over 14,000ft of bargain-hunting nirvana for the chic and savvy-smart woman– and man.
Just added brands: Aussie Alice McCall whose skinny denim and featherweight chiffon dresses are a favorite of supermodels and celebs.
Jenny Packham, the red-carpet couturier of tri-coastal socialites, with signature drop-dead gorgeous gowns at up to 80% off retail.
Anya Hindmarch’s super-femme frocks
Georgina Goodman glam shoes
Jessica Elliot one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces
William B, Mon Petit Oiseau, Petro Zillia, sass & bide, Saja, Wendy Hil, Black Halo, Binetti, Camilla & Marc, Pegah Anvarian, Abandon, Bell, Under, Tulula, Nicola Finetti and Ya-Ya and –for the guys in our lives- Andrew Christian, Serfontaine, Teenage Millionaire and Eisbar
RSVP HERE to BSB sale
HOT new addition to the BDB line-up is Giorgio Armani Cosmetics who will debut onsite to offer Babes complimentary “face design consults” as well as the opportunity to preview their new line of deluxe high color cream lipsticks.
Back at BDB — to provide glam hair advice is Rodney Cutler, celebrity hair stylist. He’ll provide hair-to-go for VIP attendees. His specialty is messy buns, chic ponytails and luscious waves for our Babes, key looks of NYFW. The Cutler team also will provide personalized recommendations (style and product) based on a Babe’s individual hair care needs. Cutler will offer "value kits" of high-demand product at wholesale and below.
There are numerous benefits to being a BDB Gold or Platinum VIP member. Check out the website for all the 411. It’s worth the dinero, doll! Trust me on that one!
We managed to snag some pointers from BDB co-founder,Shelli-Anne Couch
BDB founders Kate Nobelius and Shelli-Anne Couch
Sample Sale 101 with Shelli-Anne Couch
The Original Billion Dollar Babe
As half of the creative force behind Billion Dollar Babes, the world’s premier designer sale, Shelli-Anne Couch knows how and where to shop for steals. After all, the spunky Aussie expat produces veritable shopping Edens across the globe, where each shopping event delivers deeply-discounted fashion bliss not just to skinny-minnies but also to plus-size sirens and double-digit divas in-the-know. Can’t come to a BDB sale? Then use these tips to shop any sale, sample or otherwise, like a Pro–and a Babe. And be sure to enter to win a chance to Shop Like Tori at the original Billion Dollar Babe sale in LA.
Tips from Shelli-Anne
1. Know your designers. Stick to those who are tried and true, for a fit that consistently works for you.
2. Dress for success! Wear something to get in and get out–this means drawstring pants, an easy pullover (no buttons) flip flops, etc.
3. Use your imagination. Don’t have one? Cut and bring photos of celebs or models you love, (or hate) and want to reference, but not look like.
4. Bring a friend or sexy spouse. Someone who will tell you the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
5. Make a wish-list. Prior to the sale, tic-toc a list of must-haves to look out for. This Spring, it’s all about channeling Mustique with breezy tropical motifs in lightweight chiffon…
6. Go wide! Survey the entire sale before honing in close, otherwise you might miss out on the perfect pair of cuffed trousers hiding in a far-away corner.
7. Embrace your inner color wheel! Put-off by red? Terrified of pink? Sometimes a fab find on the cheap is an easy way to locate–and embrace– your inner fuschia or teal.
8. Buy it bigger! GO on. Just do it. That’s what tailors are for. And, sporting something a little loose around the middle will have all your friends commenting with “Hey, didn’t you lose weight?”
9. Edit! Do you really need three multi-tiered peasant skirts in chocolate brown? You assumed I’d say no, right? Not necessarily. I personally wear multi-tiered peasant skirts daily and therefore, believe that purchasing every single one I find that I like, on sale, is totally valid.
10. Commit! Are you a commitment-phobe? The last one out who can’t make up her mind? Reference Tip #4. This trusty someone will help you make those key wardrobe decisions in a time crunch, and help you get back to the rest of your life. Not that there is ever more to life than shopping…
11. RSVP. Please do RSVP to a Billion Dollar Babes event near you so you can personally experience the 10th wonder of the sample sale world yourself.
Much love from your ever-faithful retail therapist,
Fashiontribes Fashiontribes Files Billion Dollar Babes Sale Fashion Jewelry & Accessories Style Expert Upscale Sample Sale London Cocktails Frocks Palladium How To Shop a Sample Sale" Platinum Membership Georgina Goodman Jenny Packer Style Expert LA Story blog Pegah Anvarian Denim San Francisco Sale Jewelry & Accessories Fashion Expert Bargains! Alice McCall Jenny Packham Nicola Finetti Anya Hindmarch Menswear San Francisco RSVP Giorgio Armani Cosmetics Must ATTEND EVENT!