The Beat Goes On– Oscar Style. My Days in Hollywood Running Oscar Style
It’s Oscar week in LA! Duh.. but you knew that.
What am I doing? Running helter skelter across Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, and Hollywood to attend suites, meet people and attend luxe dinner parties.
What’s the deal for those of us covering the Oscar beat? Depends on who you are covering for and what’s going on. Here’s what LA-Story.com has going on!
1) We have partnered with TheRealRadioShow.com to get podcast interviews with celebrities — even some really well-known celebrities that you will recognize at different suites around LA! Marie will have some podcasts for you on that!
2) Barbara Palmer, stylist extraordinare who is busying trying to dress one of the most famous — and legendary– actresses in Hollywood for several events is hitting suites with me as we go in search of dresses, bags, jewelry and accessories.
Expect to see videos of Kwiat Diamond suite that features Collier Strong the Make-up Artist and consultant to L’Oreal Cosmetics. We got Collier to share some 411 on what’s hot for Red Carpet 2008. You will hear about what’s new from Arnold Brant and how great men will look this Oscar season!!
3) Rare Vintage held a suite at the Chateau Marmont in the Hollywood Hills and we went there to check out some fabulous dresses and handbags!!
4) Then check out the skinny on the dinner party for a couple hundred people at the SMH suite that was held high atop the Luxe Hotel on Rodeo Drive (thankfully tented because of the rain, wind and cold) that was so packed the fire marshall wouldn’t let anyone else in!
The drinks were plentiful as were great desserts ( the fruit and chocolate stuff was amazing!) and lots of food!
Notable faces: stylists Barbara Palmer and George Blodwell, Phil Spector (yes…. THE Phil Spector. Don’t even ask!) and others who I have to wait to see the photos to spell their name right. The goody bags were packed and you had to carry them with 2 hands otherwise the handles broke!
5) Plus hitting a couple of stores looking for dresses for Oscar After-Parties!! That’s coming up too and we will have all the skinny on that for you too.
Thank you to Taylor who did my make-up at the Kwiat suite at the Four Season while Barbara Palmer saw Al Pacino eating lunch in the restaurant!!
We walked out looking fabulous with L’Oreal cosmetics and ready to go to that glitzy party at the Luxe. The next party after that was at the Chateau Marmont!!
What did I wear?
Most of the day, slim jeans from Freedom of Choice, a violet cami and a sheer wool tunic cowl neck sweater topped with a couple necklaces and a black coat and a Junior Drake Aubergine braided bag. Switched out to wide leg dark dark denim trousers, black turtleneck with long lace up sleeves and the same jewelry and the fab make-up done by Taylor! Boots worn were by Yes, Virginia.. for both day and night. Yes it was cold in LA!!
So stay tuned. There’s a lot more going on.
Subscribe to RSS headline updates
Powered by FeedBurner
© 2007 KBP Inc.