Ashlee Simpson & Agyness Deyn Hit Celebrity Style Slam by Michaela Jedinak
Welcome back Michaela Jedinak’s and her commentary on the celebrity fashion winners and losers. Michaela will be commenting regularly on a variety of current celebrities at events or about town and how their style chalks up in her typical “call them as she sees them” style.
If you have been a regular readers, Michaela covered celebrity styles for LA-Story.com for the Academy Awards, Independent Spirit Awards, Grammys, SAG Awards red carpet reviews and the Gucci/Madonna Party at NYFW!) . Check out her site: www.joyofcolour.com
Celebrities Reviewed: Agyness Deyn, Ashlee Simpson
· Colour: She knows how to pick the colours and style that works for her and wears always the right colour for the season, occasion and fashion- without being a fashion victim. She keeps a good contrast and makes the black work for her by keeping her eye brows dark and wearing it not too close to her face.
· Bodyshape: She is young, tall and a model and so blessed with a figure that will forgive a lot. The oversized shirt looks great on her because she has got loads of space between shoulder and bust, so she can cope with volume and details easily. The straight jacket is paired with skinny jeans, so it gives proportion, fit and style to it. She has long legs and can cope with lots of details in her leg and hip area that normally shortens ones leg. Wearing the shirt out, turn ups in her trousers, red socks and white trainers are the essence of giving her the right proportion, so that her top half is not shorter than her lower half or the other way around.
· Style: She is a true English girl who wears her clothes edgy and always with a twist, which gives her a unique style and makes her to one of kind type of girl. Excellent! That is the way to go – to be original rather a bad copy of someone else.
· Overall Rating: 6****** Six Stars
· Colour: The dress of the colour is good for her colouring and well done as well wearing the black as an accent colour. However, what happened down under? Bright colours are in fashion, but neon coral? No there is fashion and fashion– and some fashions are like dodging a blow- you must avoid them. This is a kids award show so it would have been much better to opt for a brighter, fun dress or outfit rather than grey, which makes you look formal business instead of approachable, fun and easy-going .
· Body: The figure hugging dress works for her lean body and the size of the belt is exactly right for her waistline length. It gives the whole dress as well a nice focal point. A personal note the décolleté line looks not very stable: it seems it lacks support. It looks like it might drop any minute- maybe that’s why she avoids standing up straight because that would stretch down her décolleté line and give way for an “indecent preview” of her boobs. That brings me to the question, why would you opt for such a tight fitting dress to such a kids event? Would it be better to go for a loose fit where you can move & play around and feel safe interacting with them?
· Style: As mentioned this dress is so inappropriate in colour, style and shape for this event. Why do you have the need to dress sexy for kids? The neon shoes don’t help but makes it only look worse- a real tacky touch.
· Overall Rating: 2** Two Stars
Check out Michaela’s commentaries here on LA-Story.com– she’s spot on when it comes to the pluses and minuses of an outfit.
Michaela Jedinak is the founder of JOY OF COLOUR, The Colour and Style Consultancy. She work as a stylist and personal shopper in London and internationally. Michaela offeres one on one consultations and is now providing online and interactive services who live far away or don’t have the time to come in for personal consults. http://www.joyofcolour.com/service_overview.html works with women and men at all age groups.
Subscribe to RSS headline updates
Powered by FeedBurner