What Are You Hoping to Santa Will Bring You? Here's a Snapshot of My List!
Normally I would never do a post like this but I am getting into the holiday spirit finally (yeah– really it’s taken me a long time this year and I am typically a very “holiday” oriented person). Now that Christmas is almost here and Hanukkah is already in gear, I am going to share with you what’s on my wish list to Santa.
So Santa-baby, please don’t forget me this year. I have been a really hard working girl and I have been good — except for the chocolate intake. So don’t bother with the chocolate unless it’s Richuitti — in which case, bring me one of everything.
1) Cynde Watson has a killer line of cosmetics. See them on HSN.com and you should buy some. Cynde used to be Bobbi Brown’s lead assistant/make-up artist and I interviewed her several times and met her at an Oscar event. She’s fabulously talented and her new collection should be in your kit too as well as mine (I want the pink lip pencil kit) Check out the video on youtube.com HERE . Buy it on HSN.com and it’s fabulous!! The eye pencils and lip pencils are incredibly creamy and pretty.
2) At least one dress for the holidays!! I would love to have a new dress that doubles for fun events that’s colorful and bright like this gorgeous one that I found on ShopittoMe.com (hint hint)
Think of Trina Turks Drama Neon Tetra 100% silk dress that whispers sexy..
It’s now 208.80 rather than the 348.00 on the Bloomies site courtesy of Shopittome.com
In case that didn’t stagger you as much as it did me, I did need to scope out a wow dress that works for New Years Eve and other semi-cocktail events that I can dress up or down that is also on Shopittome.com .
This Alice + Olivia Knit Dress (body conscious in fit which is important to my figure type, is detailed with a patent art deco type belt. Orignially $440.00, now only $264.00 and funk this baby up with some texture tights rather than matte black — particularly if you can go into silver, gold shimmer or some wild color. Ditto the shoes too– don’t go all black. This is a classic dress that can be worn for many years and change up the belt to other colors and styles (velvet would be pretty) to update the look.
If I had my druthers, Santa, I would love it if I could have both but if you could buy me one, I could buy the other. Don’t worry, I am flexible!!
3) Women don’t live by fashion and cosmetics alone, but I do love my fragrances. So please Santa, don’t forget about LuckyScents.com or stop by the Scentbar and talk to Franco about the things I like. Though everything I have ordered from samples lately have been pretty darn amazing, here are a few hints that would work
Sarah Horowitz Perfect Nectar— it’s a blend that does remind me of Hawaii because it’s warm there . (no it’s not as cold as the North Pole but Santa– baby– we need some warmth to this sunshine — not just sunshine and blasts of cold air).
Also a couple others I would love to try– in case Luckyscent runs out:
Vaniglia del Madagascar Parfum Concentration by Farmacia SS. Annunziata dal 1561 which is vanilla with hints of citrus. floral and a velvety amber (reminds me of the Madagascar Amber from Saint Parfums actually) that has this unique blend that just evolves and sucks you into this state of bliss.
In case vanilla isn’t your “thang”, the Stephen Jones Commes Des Garcon is a great blend for him or her– depending on how willing you are to walk the edge.
Created by 2 men: Jones and Kawakubo from CDG, the notes of this fragrance create a very unique blend and it’s not for those who want to walk the straight and narrow. The notes include violet leaf, meteorite, cloves, carnation, rose, violet, jasmin, heliotrope, gaïac wood, magma, black cumin, vetiver, and amber which make it ideal for him or her.
4) Other things I have on my list include the Poppie Couture bag which I recently talked about.
Santa I know you are going to say I don’t need them but I found two new denim lines that I really need some new jeans. After all, if I have lost weight, I have to get a new pair — right? I promise to keep eating chocolate to that I don’t slip into the children’s sizes.. but these are so darn cool!
5) The Shams jeans are available on www.nationaljeancompany.com . This new line of jeans comes in distinctive styles in a limited range of colors including some glitter treatments. While I love to dazzle people, sparkle on my legs isn’t my style, I would rather have them notice my sparkling eyes or dazzling smile.
Instead, I would want the “>San Francisco Boot Cut Jean in Washed Blue. This classic five pocket boot cut with fading on the seat and thighs has silver hardware and comes with a customization kit to add more distress marks. $172.00
Another new brand that has a great fit for a lot of body types and lots of washes is the DL1961 denim line that is made with XFit Lycra– meaning that it has a 4 way stretch that won’t bag or sag!
The Tory is a straight leg and with the stretch makes legs look really long (Santa, in my case that’s really important when you are petite). The “black diamond” wash is the perfect day to night look that I love because just by switching the top or rolling (or unrolling the cuff) I am set for the entire day!
My darling Santa, I know you are getting tired of this list. I would love to tell you just about a couple more things.
6)One is this amazing organic skincare line– actually it’s beyond organic– it’s so unique that it’s beyond description. Coming out of the UK, ILA is a more ayurvedic line that is the most natural of all natural lines and with the cleanest ingredients.
Using just a couple of drops (and I mean only 2 drops) of the Face Oil for Glowing Radiance and it spreads across my face and it sank in so fast.
Now that I am almost out of my sample, if you could bring me more of the ILA product line, that would be fabulous. I hear the most amazing things and I saw it at Barneys when I did the Saint Parfum interview
7) I would love to have the Robert Downey Jr. Ironman DVD.
Somehow I managed to miss that in theaters and didn’t get the opportunity to review it for this site or gather.com. Go figure– I review some great stuff and then some icky stuff and manage to miss out on one of the biggies.
8) I would adore having a POWERSTICK charger for running around on the fly. The Powerstick is the greenest charging solution: no disposable batteries, and no wall chargers.
It charges devices by plugging into charge it by using any USB port including your laptop. The size of a stick of gum, it fits easily in your pocket or purse and weighs only 40 grams. The Powerstick is safer for mobile devices, as it has a micro-controlled processor that provides power only as needed. It will charge most mobile devices to 90% power within 90 minutes or less!! It has nine free adaptors. Find it at www.powerstick.com and it runs about $60.00
9) Now Santa and anyone else reading this, I am in serious need of a holiday beverage. While I can munch Rechiuti chocolates and candies (well maybe not) all night long, one does need a drink. Not sure if I am going to have a glass of champagne or if it calls for a seriously fun (oxymoronic indeed) beverage I was working on one that’s on another post for today. Do check it out. You will need eggnog, and some Pama Pomagranate liquer and also some tequila– preferably the sipping kind which is like Maestro Doble Diamond– . But as I said, that’s another post.
Note that over the next 10 days you will see an array of posts that are sort of a bit out of the fashion arena but definitely in the holiday spirit as I focus on things, people, ideas that you need to be aware about– both as items to give or get and things to thing about. Look forward to a number of podcasts and video embeds as well because I am cleaning up the messes left over from numerous computer issues. (finally getting that wrapped up)
Also for those of you who were aware that my father died recently and made note on my blog, facebook, twitter, email, IM’s and phone calls, my deep appreciation to you for listening to me or offering to be there in whatever capacity you could be– even if you weren’t in the US. The range of people who reached out to me included PR, designers, bloggers, marketing gurus, associates and friends online and in real life and for all of you, I am very thankful you are in my life. As you have watched me endure this year– and it’s been a bumpy ride– I appreciate all that you have given me in a depth you can’t imagine.
While the LA-Story.com has shown tremendous growth in the past year and I want to thank you for that too. If you read this blog, please subscribe to the feed or get on the email list. There’s a *lot* more coming at you from me– and evolution of all kinds of things are happening in the background.