Secrets of the Red Carpet: Getting Glam Hair Courtesy of Pureology!!
As the 2009 awards season begins to crank up, the look of this special evening was simple, tasteful hairstyles. Pureology PureArtists, Mary Katherine Hecht and Sherilynn Smart are providing tips on how to achieve the look at home.
The top three trends seen on the red carpet…
1. French Twist
2. Classic Upsweep
3. Modern Chignon
1) Blow dry hair using a cocktail of Pureology NanoGlaze and PureVolume BlowDryAmplifier.
2) Use a curling iron to set hair using Pureology SprayGel and alternate barrel size and direction for that old Hollywood glamour.
3) Softly twist hair and pin while taming flyaway’s with Pureology NanoWorks ShineLuxe.
Evan Rachel Wood,
1) Blow dry hair using a cocktail of Pureology NanoGlaze and PowerDressing.
2) Set hair away from the face in hot rollers with Pureology Super Straight Hot Iron Protection Spray.3) Remove the rollers when cool.
4) Finger rake the hair with Pureology NanoWorks ShineLuxe working it all the way through to the ends.
5) Without combing or brushing the hair, pull the hair back using your hands only into a loose ponytail opposite of the nose.
6) Take the ponytail and separate into 3-5 sections depending on the thickness of the hair.
7) Smooth each section with a soft brush to shine the hair, and place in a large pincurl. Use a bobbypin to secure it around the ponytail.
8) Continue to pin each section around the ponytail until all the sections are pinned up.
9) Finish up with Pureology Glossing Mist for shine and InCharge Plus for hold.
1) Apply Pureology Styling Lotion from root to end. Blow dry.
2) Section the head from the highpoint of the head to the ears separating the front of the head from the back.
3) Using Pureology InCharge for added texture lightly backbrush the crown area.
4) Cocktail Pureology Dry Shine and ShineMax and work through the front section from hairline to the ends. Use this cocktail on the ends of the back section to lend pliability to the hair.
5) Using a soft brush smooth the hair into a low ponytail in the center of the nape opposite of the lips.
6) Fold the hair under and pin at the hairline.
7) Finish with Pureology InChargePlus for amazing hold.
Sounds simple enough to do and note that it doesn’t require a ton of products to create either.