Snap! It's Halloween. Fast, Easy Make-up for Halloween Parties!
It’s almost Halloween and you haven’t got a costume and you want to party. Wait, You do have a costume, it’s in the closet or from a thrift store for the clothing — but the best way to have a costume is through the make-up.
MAC Not Afraid to be Freaky!
Courtesy of Romero Jennings, MAC Senior Artist, you have two different looks to choose from for your fright night partying on Halloween.
Depending on whether you go casual (think cropped pants, flats, a cardigan, button-front shirt and a headband) or more “work-day” apparel (think pencil skirt, same cardigan and button front blouse and pumps), you adjust the colors of the make-up based on your outfit.
According to Romero, here’s how to achieve the MAD MEN look
For a “MAD MEN” look the 4 important key pieces are :
(1) Lips: Bold bright matte or satin lip colors! A few M·A·C favorites are So Chaud, Ruby Woo and Pink Nouveau.
(2) Eyeliner that is definitely black and winged out in the outer corners. A few are bold and distinctive products for this are the M·A·C Liquid Liner in Black Boot or M·A·C Fluidline gel liner in Blacktrack with the 266 brush.
Black Liquid Eyeliner
(3) Bold angled arched brows are a must! Brows back then definitely looked drawn on! The best product for the “groomed” look is the M·A·C Brow Set Gel to set your brows in an upward angle! Then use M·A·C Eye Brows to fill in and create a stylized brow!
(4) Today we have crème blushes that mimic the old looks with a comfortable new twist! I would add a little translucent powder on top to set the blush since back then, makeup was very two-dimensional! M.A.C’s Blush Crème products are long-wearing and user-friendly when used with a brush like the #129.
Then pull your hair into an updo or ponytail and you are set to go.
Inspired by Whip It and the roller derby shows of the 50’s, the look is “Roller Derby Girl”
LA Derby Dolls
4 key items are:
(1) Blue/Green frosty metallic shadows like M·A·C Eyeshadow Freshwater and Aquadisiac.
Mac VeluxPearl Shadow
(2) Eyeliner should be black, but not perfect! I would use M·A·C Eye Kohl in Smolder, since it can be blended out to a sheer night illusion!
Kohl eye pencil– not this color but the Smoulder!!
(3) Tons of nude lip pencils like Spice or Cork mixed with · M A·C Dazzleglass in Funtabulous and Extra Amps
(4) Individual lashes on top of some Dazzlelash Mascara, using the Prep + Prime Lash underneath for dramatic spikey goodness!
This should give you some ideas on what to do and go look for and what colors you would look for in your kit and then get yourself in costume.