Get Beauty Breakdown from Frederic Fekkai for CFDA/VOGUE Fashion Fund 2009 Designer Finalists LA Runway Show
Frederic Fekkai partnered with CFDA/VOGUE Fashion Fund hosting the LA Runway Show for the 2009 Designer Finalists
Go behind the scenes from this year’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Runway Show hosted by Frederic Fekkai, Lisa Love and Sally Singer. Find the inspiration for the hairstyles created by Frederic Fekkai, along with the fashion fund finalist inspiration for their collections
Fekkai’s lead stylist Renato Campora created two signature hair styles with a serious emphasis on texture and style in two distinctly different directions!
Look #1: The Wet Look
The first look is a sculptural and edgy ponytail. It’s modern, young and sexy. The texture tells a story through the wet and twisted hard hair. Pieces are left in front for an effortless feel, inspired by some of the graphic trends shown in the collections. To achieve this look:
– Use your hands as styling tools to create this piecey look.
– Apply Fekkai COIFF™ Extra Control Styling Gel to damp hair and comb through with fingers, no blow dry required.
– Pull hair into textured sections before twisting together into a low ponytail just above the nape of the neck.
– Secure the twist with bobby pins, letting shorter pieces fall to the side.
– Shape the hair into a long sleek ponytail.
Look #2: The Dry Look
The second look is a modern, angelic take on a tousled, bohemian style. It’s dramatic, yet romantic and very wearable. Hair is full and voluminous with an airy soft texture that allows for movement as you walk. Pieces are left in front to frame the face and accentuate the jewelry shown in the collections. To achieve this look:
– Apply Fekkai COIFF™ Strong Hold Mousse to damp hair and scrunch with fingers as you blow dry completely to create the wild texture.
– Wrap hair in big sections around twist-ties (fabric curling rods) to create volume at the roots and soft curl for movement.
– Tease hair at the roots using a fine comb, and apply Fekkai Au Naturel Powder Clean Dry Shampoo to add thickness and extra structure, but no weight.
– Pin the sides to the back of the head and secure with bobby pins.
– To secure height at the crown, finish with a fine mist of Fekkai Full Blown Volume Lifting Hairspray.
Fekkai COIFF Extra Control Styling Gel Never flaky or sticky, this lightweight medium hold gel keeps hair exactly where you want it. The innovative all Day Style-Memory Lasting Complex shapes and controls the hair throughout the day…and night! Retail Price: $23.00, Bloomingdales
Fekkai COIFF Strong Hold Volume Mousse Fully fabulous. This ultra-light whipped mousse achieves the impossible? all day, all-out body and texture that never falls flat. Retail Price: $23.00, Bloomingdales
Fekkai Full Blown Volume Lifting Hairspray – This lightweight formula holds volume to lift the roots and delivers powerful fullness that is never stiff or sticky. Retail Price: $20.00, Saks Fifth Avenue
Fekkai Au Naturel Powder Clean Dry Shampoo: This naturally formulated product free of sulfates, parabens, dyes and synthetic fragrances, gently cleanses hair with a natural botanical blend, infuses hair with conditioning ingredients, removes excess oil and builds volume. Hair is left refreshed and revived without the use of water. Retail Price: $23.00,
Stevie Wilson, LA-Story.com
If you want to feature content from LA-Story.com, please remember to linkback to the specific page & please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc. 2007-10