Looking Back at 2009: The Most Popular Posts vs the Most Interesting.
Someone recently asked me on Twitter for my “Top 10” list of posts for 2009. Hmmm. Hadn’t thought of that doing that and she suggested I do it because she found the blog pretty interesting– just because of the range of content. (I am all over the place– you know it and I know it.)
I got to thinking about it and realized that there are two ways of doing this–the ten most popular posts of 2009 which aren’t necessarily the best or most interesting ones in my opinion–though some are. So I am going to give you 2 lists: the 10 most popular posts with links to them and also my personal top 10 that I think were real accomplishments for various personal reasons!
1) TV.com Gets NCIS’s Ziva David AKA Cote de Pablo to Chat about Show’s Direction!
over 4100 people read this post!!
2) Redken Gives You Summer 09 Hair Style Trends
3) Wondering What Former Miss California, Carrie Prejean Will Be Doing? CitySearch.com Has Suggestions!!
This one has been popping up a lot lately- particularly since she walked off the Larry King Show.
4) DVD Watch: The Tudors to Buy and/or Add to Your Must Watch Rental List!!
This one has been picking up speed since the new season premiere isn’t that far off.
a youtube sneak for pique your interest.
5) Red Carpet Secrets: Get GORGE Hair with The Instyler & Styling Tips from Dean Banowetz!
Interesting that things see-saw back and forth between the most popular posts
6) MTV Awards Pre-Party @ Byron & Tracey’s Salon Was Celeb-Laden!!
7) Celebrity Fans RAVE over Reebok’s Easytone Shoes! It Gives You a Workout While You Wear Them.
8)Red Carpet Raves: How to Get the Celebrity Look: Jennifer Garner!
9) Heidi? Giselle? Kate? Who Were the Top (Earning) Models in the World– According to Forbes.com!
10) Rev Theory Revs the Music Engine Touring Across US + Podcast!
Ready for my picks?
My favorites tend to be interviews–whether podcasts or videos so be prepared for some interesting links. In case you haven’t seen them, this gives you the chance to see my favorites posts-along with some content from others!
1) Burn Notice’s Bruce Campbell made such an impression on me and the readers– both here and on gather.com. His two interviews/podcasts part 1 & part 2 were definitely favorite posts. I love this series!
2) Not to be outdone: Burn Notice’s Gabrielle Anwar was absolutely amazing in her 2 part podcast. Part 1, especially in part 2 of this interview/podcast.
3) PBS/BBC Masterpiece Theater’s Little Dorrit Interview with Claire Foy
Claire Foy is amazing and will be incredible in her career arc. Watch for her!
Other interviews from this series:
Spall was incredibly funny & accessible– totally amusing!!
Andrew Davies –well-known screenwriter for movies and tv.
4) Musician Jay Nash Talks About a Summer Tour & Hot New EP: All the Stars in Copenhagen
Not the first time I interviewed Jay Nash– and definitely not the last. This man is terrific at bringing other musicians together as well as so organic & creative in his songwriting and presentations. (FYI, he’s tall! I met him recently and he’s much taller than I expected!)
5) A-List Stylist Jen Rade Gives You Haute Tips on Eyewear, Courtesy of Ilori!!
The celebrities Jen Rade has dressed, the companies she has worked with — astonishing! She’s so darn nice, easy to talk to and accessible.
6) Lauren Lipton Talks about the Mating Rituals of the North American Wasp– and Lots More.
Author/writer Lauren Lipton is a friend — and a terrific writer (she gets her facts & details into the mix succinctly). This was probably the most nerve-wracking interview because she is a friend and I wanted it to be so good. Unfortunately I had to cut a ton of it out because it was personal stuff between her and I.
7)Rev Theory Revs the Music Engine Touring Across US + Podcast!
I loved interviewing Rev Theory they were fun, easy to talk with and willing to share. — Their strong fan base made such an impression on my blog. There is more coming from them– and will be featured on this blog. So stay tuned. If you haven’t heard their CD, check it out (see the post).
8) White Collar Podcast Interview Part 1:Jeff Eastin, Creator/Exec. Producer, Talks About Developing This USA Network Series Part 1 and Part 2
White Collar’s Jeff Eastin was really interesting on this interview and I loved being able to be first out of the gate to talk to him. I had done my homewore
9) Harveys Celebrates Its’ Design Competition at “OPEN CANVAS” Launch Party & Invites the Public to Get Involved!
Great handbag line and an innovative competition that really created a lot of buzz across the accessory world– and in LA! This was one of the most interesting posts to watch and see the interests and the votes. There is a second post about this.
10) Last but certainly not least is Chris Abraham.. who is one of my favorite people to talk to about issues both serious and fluffy for podcasts. The out-takes are better than what’s in the podcast but that’s because we are getting insanely off-topic and exchanging funny stories that no one wants to hear but us. There are a number of posts with podcasts with Chris Abraham so please search for them all.
Other posts that I absolutely loved in the same vein as Chris, include Thom DeLorenzo and Peter Shankman (yes that Peter Shankman)
These are my personal favorites
Stevie Wilson, LA-Story.com
If you want to feature content from LA-Story.com, please remember to linkback to the specific page & please email the link to email@example.com
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc. 2007-10