Celebrity Style Spotting: Pureology Previews Oscar Hairstyles at Global Green USA's 7th Annual Pre-Oscar Party
As an ongoing supporter of Global Green USA, Pureology Serious Colour Care is working towards a more sustainable future and enlisted Pureology Colour Ambassador and owner of Byu-ti/Pureology Salon Natasha Sunshine to showcase this year’s expected Oscar hairstyles at Global Green USA’s 7th Annual Pre-Oscar Party in Hollywood,.
With 1,500 attendees, including A-list celebrity supporters Leonardo DiCaprio, Jessica Alba, Serena Williams, James Cameron and Juliette Lewis,
guests at the Avalon Hollywood were treated to musical performances by Camp Freddy and friends, Benji and Joel Madden of Good Charlotte, and DJ Brent Bolthouse.
Guests also received Pureology Hydrate Shampoo, Hydrate Condition, SIGG Water Bottle and a complimentary Pureology service at Byu-ti/Pureology Salon in Santa Monica .
“Pureology is a brand with a sustainable vision and is thrilled to support Global Green USA at this fundraising event to help fight climate change by creating healthy, green communities,” states Sunshine. “During this Green Carpet event, Pureology is showcasing four expected styles that may be seen at the Oscars.”
For your next night out, learn how to achieve these four award show looks with step-by-steps from Natasha Sunshine:
Down the Green Carpet: 5 Steps to a Modern Downstyle
1. To achieve this Modern Look, begin with clean dry hair. Mist hair with Pureology’s InCharge Flexible Styling Spray.
2. Using a 1 ½ inch curling iron, set entire head (from the mid-shaft down) in a candy cane fashion, winding each section around the curling iron.
3. Using the front section from the hairline to the back of the ear and twist section back behind the ear.
4. Secure twist with two bobby pins crossing one another in an “X” shape.
5. Continue to the opposite side and follow step four again.
Hot Tip #1: No need to open the iron; simply wrap hair down and around the wand holding the ends with your fingers.
Hot Tip #2: Make sure to change the direction of your sections so hair looks natural versus contrived.
A Green Carpet Wave: 5 Steps to 40’s Waves…
1. To achieve this glamorous look, begin with damp hair. Use a nickel size of NanoGlaze for light hold and serious shine. Quick dry hair with blowdryer.
2. Section hair in two large sections (bottom and top). Starting at the nape, take 2″ wide sections using a 1″ curling iron to set the bottom section until complete.
3. Drop the top section down and begin at the top front of the head creating three-barrel curls rolled away from the face in a Mohawk fashion.
4. Continue on to finish setting the remaining hair.
5. Using a dime size of SuperSmooth SmoothingElixir, run fingers through the hair to blend all the curls.
Hot Tip #1: Make sure to clip the three Mohawk barrel curls while setting to get distinct waves around the face.
Up The Green Carpet: 5 Steps to The Braids Rage…
1. To achieve this Boho look, begin with clean dry hair. Use a nickel size of StylingLotion and run through front of dry hair for hold and shine.
2. Choose one or both sides and create your French braid.
3. Pull remaining hair back into a ponytail.
4. Back comb or lace ponytail and spray with InChargePlus Firm Finishing Spray.
5. Leave loose or pin up ponytail into an uncontrived bun.
Hot Tip #1: Make sure to have a loose grip on hair when braiding for a sifter effect.
Pinned to the Green Carpet: 4 Steps to The 40’s Pin Up…
1. Follow steps above to achieve 40’s Waves.
2. Taking loose hair in 2 – 3″ sections, twist up and tuck hair under securing with 2 bobby pins in “X” fashion to lock pins in.
3. Continue all the way around head until all hair is pinned up.
4. Spray with InChargePlus Firm Finishing Spray
Hot Tip #1: Make sure bobby pins are pinned at the scalp with a secure “X” fashion to prevent sagging.
Stevie Wilson, LA-Story.com
If you want to feature content from LA-Story.com, please remember to linkback to the specific page & please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc. 2007-10