Sandra Bullock & Helena Bonham Carter : Golden Globes Celebrity Style Slam #7.
Welcome back to Celebrity Style Slam #7 for 2011 Golden Globes. Nancy Lichtenstein joins up for a discussion of who did it right and who wore it wrong on the Golden Globes red carpet.
Sandra Bullock and Helena Bonham Carter
*the hair — particularly the bangs — are so heavy and reminscent of the 60’s that you can’t see Sandra’s eyes, much less see her face. This style cuts her face virtually in half and she looks like a cat peeking out from the bushes of those bangs.
* Her Jenny Packham dress would be lovely on a different figure. Putting beading on the hips on anyone over a size 2 or age 40 should be shot. Put beading on shoulders and bodices.. even at the hem but not on the hips where it accentuates and adds weight to that area. Not the most flattering dress for Sandra because the blouson effect of the top doesn’t provide much definition of her bustline which would counteract the beaded hips.
Overall the look is sad and heavy.
* Note to Sandra, we love you. We think you rock and you have done more in the last year to inspire everyone so why the dowdy dress? You can do better and you need a new stylist. Show us some of your Sandra Bullock sass and sparkle at the SAG and Oscars please!!
Stars: 2.5 Stars
Helena Bonham Carter.
*Eclectic doesn’t begin to describe this style or personal fashion statement. Whirlwind might be a better one.
* Helena everyone knows you walk to a different drummer– and if you were 6 or 12, the mis-matched shoes would be a cute statement. On a woman, it’s entirely a different statement and some might question what you spent a little too long at the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party. Did you take another sip from that flask marked “Drink Me”?
* The dress does nothing for your body. The accessories are just lost in the toronado of this outfit.
* Your hair- did you plug your finger into a light socket or did you run late and have to leave before they finished your hair?
* You were such the lady and queen in The King’s Speech– what happened to make you fall off that wagon and choose to become Alice in Wonderland all grown up and tarted up?
* I know you are making a statement, but you can make it in smaller situations– ones that don’t get seen by 300 million people.
Stars: 1 Star !!!!
Sandra Bullock wins with 2.5 stars.
Stevie Wilson, LA-Story.com
If you want to feature content from LA-Story.com, please remember to linkback to the specific page & please email the link to email@example.com
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc. 2007-11