Celebrity Makeup Artist Sage Maitri Gives Tips for Beauty Gifts for Moms!!
Celebrity makeup artist Sage Maitri, who works with celebrity moms like Molly Sims, Rebecca Romijn, Jessica Capshaw, Minnie Driver, Elizabeth Banks and Emily Deschanel, shares some of her favorite mom-friendly makeup tips, which I’ve included below.
· Morning Mayhem:
For a busy mom, mornings can be the hardest part of the day!
· 1 + 2 = 3 Time Saving Products – A product that contains more than one beauty benefit can be a real time saver. Try these three multi-benefit products from COVERGIRL:
· COVERGIRL Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation is a primer, concealer and foundation in one.
· To cover up those dark circles, try COVERGIRL + Olay Concealer Balm which is a concealer that is also infused with emollient-rich serum.
· Bath Time is a Must – For a busy mom it’s hard to carve out time to wash your face before bed. Try to sync your schedule with your children’s so you can make time to keep you skin fresh and clean .Formulated with a plant-based cleansing complex to remove dirt, oil, and make-up. Burt’s Bees Radiance Facial Cleanser exfoliates to help encourage skin cell turnover with Jojoba Beads and fruit acids.
· Date Night – A little lip color can go a long way and transform your daytime mommy look, to date night glam! Try COVERGIRL Jumbo Gloss Balm for a sheer pop of color, or LipPerfection Lip Color for a deeper more vibrant lip color. Both also have moisturizing ingredients which will keep your lips refreshed.
· Mom-Only Brunch – When you’re a mom, your life revolves around your kids. Whenever I have an afternoon with the girls, I like to spice up my day to day look by adding a little life to my eyes. I love Clump Crusher by LashBlast Mascara to really bring volume to my lashes. The water resistant formula is also great for any unforeseen moments.
· Treat Yourself – Sometimes you don’t always have time for yourself, but it’s important to treat yourself, even if it’s something small. I always have my clients invest in a face masque that is meant to be slept in. Wake up with glowing skin, a treat for all, but especially a multi-tasking mom! Which masque to choose? That depends entirely on what your skin type is and what you are seeking. I know that there are many in drugstores and in various beauty supply stores, as well as mass merchandise stores like Wal-mart and Target. It’s really an affordable gift to put a collection of these products together and put them either in a medium box filled with tissue or a basket presentation. It gives mom something to explore and play with!
Make Mother’s Day great with these easy to grab products from your local mass merchandise stores (read Target, Wal-Mart etc) and drugstore like CVWS, Rite-Aid and Walgreenss!! Covergirl and Olay products are available in stores listed as well as supermarkets.
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org before the piece goes live.
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc./TNBT Inc 2007-13