Hot Hotel & Spa Get-aways Make Great Gifts for Mothers + Fathers Day, Bridal & Grads!
Sorry this is LATE! It was scheduled for 3 days ago and poof vanished till I realized it was supposed to have run by now. If your Mothers Day gift search is still unfinished or unfulfilled, check out these cool places to check out. Sometimes a getaway/vacay is the best gift you can give a Mom. Also if you have to take the kids, make sure you book out a babysitter a couple of times too!
When looking for gifts for that special someone, you might not have the actual gift in hand when you give a card to the recipient. It might be a color they need to select; a gift card or a smartphone or money towards the smartphone of one’s choice. There are lots of options for gifts, but nothing beats the gift of a vacation! Whether it’s a great trip outside the US or one closer to home, there’s a lot of reasons to give the gift of getting away particularly if it’s a location that allows for “me” time and “we” time.
Here are some interesting places I found to go. Some involve fitness as key element, others are less focused and more flexible.
The Sea Pines Resort
Hilton Head’s (South Carolina) most celebrated leisure retreat – announces its “Escape Vacation Package” for unforgettable weeklong stays this summer through Sept. 5.
With five miles of unspoiled beaches, 14 miles of bike and walking trails, 54 holes of golf and horseback riding, the acclaimed Lowcountry destination offers loads of family fun completely within the resort. Weekly rates start at $1,015 for a one-bedroom villa (taxes not included). The offer is packed with added value, including:
Up to 15% off a weekly home or villa rental
$100 resort credit redeemable for golf, dining and activities
Free golf for children 12 and younger on the Ocean Course (with each paid adult round)
No charge for children 12 and younger on a 1 1/2-hour dolphin excursion cruise (with each paid adult)
One complimentary family portrait session on the beach by the certified professionals at Memory Lane Portraits ($125 value)
One Eco-Adventure or activity for two people at the resort or Coastal Discovery Museum at Historic Honey Horn.
The package also features:
two hours of tennis per day at The Sea Pines Racquet Club;
unlimited use of the fitness center;
access for two to the Harbour Town Lighthouse;
convenient complimentary “pack and pick-up” grocery service at Harris Teeter-Park Plaza;
and wireless internet during the stay.
“Our Escape Vacation is ideal for a summer getaway on Hilton Head Island to long remember,” says John Munro, Vice President of Hospitality, Sales and Marketing. “The savings we offer on weekly accommodations plus the inclusion of many extras insures a world-class getaway that stays well within family travel budgets.”
When booking the Escape Vacation Package online or by calling (866.561.8802), enter or mention the promotion code: ESCAPE. No reservation deposit is due until 90 days before arrival.
For more information on The Sea Pines Resort visit www.seapines.com.
Mother’s Day Escape at W Hotels in NY
Being a Mom is a full-time job, but one that also deserves a day (and night!) off from time to time. The W Hotels in New York have created the “Mother’s Day Escape” package which offers moms a pampering, in-room experience full of little luxuries just for her. Perfect for New York moms who are looking for a quick Staycation or a working mom in town for business, “Mother’s Day Escape” will be offered at all five W Hotels in NY (W New York, W Times Square, W Union Square, W Downtown, and W Hoboken) and includes:
• A Fabulous Room
• Eberjey’s Gisele PJ set
• Two signature W cocktails to take the edge the off
• “mother ‘glows’ best” set from bliss® which includes:
o triple oxygen facial
o hot cream manicure
o the hot milk and almond pedicure™
o lemon + sage body butter
• And, perhaps best of all, some much-deserved peace and quiet
WHERE: W Hotels in NYC
W New York
541 Lexington Avenue (@ 49th Street)
New York, NY 10022
W Times Square
1567 Broadway (@ 47th Street)
New York, NY 10036
W Union Square
201 Park Avenue South (@ 17th Street)
New York, NY 10003
123 Washington Street
New York, NY 10006
225 River St.
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Available for stays from May 9th, 2014 – May 11th, 2014. Rates starting at $389. For more information or to book, please visit: www.whotelsofnewyork.com/mothersday
Want a luxe trip to really get away? Here’s some great options!
• Regent Palms is an ultra-luxe 72-suite beachfront resort in Providenciales, known for its white sand beaches and incredible wellness and beauty programming.
• The Spa at Regent Palms is one of the largest in the Caribbean and offers a studio with Pilates and yoga classes. In addition to the studio, Pilates can be done poolside or on the beachfront boardwalk – it’s the ultimate fitness class with a view.
• The hotel offers “spa cuisine” which has heart-healthy, gluten free and vegan options to complete the wellness experience.
Mountain Trek, a weeklong fitness retreat program in Canada and Mexico (And they aren’t kidding either!)
• Mountain Trek offers a true back=country experience, immersed in scenery you cannot find near most urban cities. Based in two extraordinary locations, British Columbia and Baja California, Mexico, Mountain Trek’s small groups allow guests to immerse themselves in spectacular natural landscapes.
• Groups are limited to 16 people to provide a focused and personalized experience, with plenty of time and space each day to enjoy time alone. Activities range from Pilates, hiking, yoga, massage and detox treatments and a variety of fitness and nutrition classes.
Get more details from the website on the food, activities, resorts and more!
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva, Wis.
· Grand Geneva Resort & Spa is an award-winning all-seasons resort set on 1,300 acres in the legendary southeastern Wisconsin community of Lake Geneva featuring a WELL Spa + Salon; two championship 18-hole golf courses; The Mountain Top, a three-chair/18-run ski and snowboard facility and more.
· The 50-minute Pilates / Barre class guides guests through specific isometric movements that target legs, gluts, hips and abs with the goal of lifting, toning and burning to a narrower, leaner physique. The group fitness class Pilates on a Roll brings out inner strength through traditional and non-traditional core movements, incorporating foam rollers to be used for gentle stretching and self mobilization of joins and spine. For a more high energy fusion of Pilates, Grand Geneva’s Piloxing combines boxing and dance to transform guests into tough boxers, gracious ballerinas and hip street dancers all in one class.
This is a place suitable for everyone- just one person, two, or an entire family with a package filled with activities suitable for almost everyone. Check out the amazing array of packages HERE
Teton Mountain Lodge, Jackson Hole WY
• Situated in the heart of Teton Village, Teton Mountain Lodge, a AAA Four Diamond, award-winning property offers alpine luxury mixed with Western hospitality.
• Combining quiet elegance with the warm and rustic details of a quintessential Jackson Hole lodge, the property offer an array of fitness and wellness amenities including Pilates in a dedicated studio. The resort offers various winter ski camps that incorporate Pilates into the program, including Elevate Women’s Ski camp in January.
• Since 1989, the award-winning Forbes 5 Star Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa—Southern California’s only Relais & Châteaux property—has garnered a reputation as one of Southern California’s most sought after luxury resorts.
• Rancho Valencia’s wellness program is designed to complement spa services and an active lifestyle, including a variety of disciplines and opportunities to stay fit while on property. For all fitness levels, Pilates has been known to improve range of motion, flexibility, circulation, posture and abdominal strength, as well as decrease back, neck, and joint pain. Not only is Pilates and Yoga featured but also golf, tennis and spa treatments. It brings something for almost everyone.
For special packages and information visit RanchValencia.com
Miraval, Arizona Resort and Spa – Mother’s Day Sale!!
5 DAY SALE! BOOK BY SUNDAY MAY 11TH.
Escape to Miraval this summer with our lowest rates of the year!
Enjoy the award-winning spa services and unrivaled team of wellness specialists when you visit Miraval this summer. With this package, receive $150 nightly resort credit per person to spend on services of your choosing. Rates starting at $349* per person.
To book, call 800.815.3949 to speak with a Miraval Advisor.
This Miraval Experience Includes:
$150 nightly resort credit, per person to spend on select services of your choosing
Luxurious, casita-style accommodations
All healthful and flavorful meals, snacks, smoothies and non-alcoholic beverages created by Executive Chef Justin Macy
Unlimited participation in regularly scheduled daily self-discovery activities
Full access to Miraval’s extensive resort amenities including fitness center and the new Life in Balance Spa, with saunas, hot tubs and more than 100 treatments
Complimentary shared shuttle transfers from Tucson International Airport or complimentary valet parking for those driving in. Flying into Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport? Ask about our affordable Phoenix Shuttle Add-On.
Welcome gift of a Miraval tote bag & reusable water canteen per guest
For more information on this amazing deal and fabulous resort hit http://www.miravalresorts.com
As you can see, there is definitely something for EVERYONE on this list — at least one place if not two. There are lots of places to go and this is just a taste of places for you to jet away or drive to break-up the daily grind.
After all, you are worth it.
DEALS and STEALS
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to email@example.com before the piece goes live.
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc./TNBT Inc 2007-14