Katie Perry Gets Glam at SuperBowl 49! You can Replicate Her Look with #CoverGirl!
We all know Katy Perry is one of the faces of Covergirl. It was no surprise that Katy showed off Covergirl makeup during her 12.5 minute SuperBowl 49 Half-Time Show. Having worked with CoverGirl for a very long time, I know that celebrity makeup artist Jake Bailey did her makeup! Here’s the beauty breakdown according to Jake!
COVERGIRL Katy Perry at the Super Bowl XLIX
Look Breakdown by Jake Bailey
Today is one of the most exciting days of my career! Knowing my work would be seen by millions and millions of people I’ve been understandably nervous. Katy’s performance had multiple costume changes so I needed to create a strong look that would complement all of her outfits, as there was absolutely no time for a touch up in between the quick changes. It’s the Super Bowl after all!
I decided to go with a classic Katy look — elongated cat eyes, lots of mascara, super sparkly gold and silver glitter, and a bold red lip for glamour and showmanship. I wanted her to glow and sparkle for her big moment in just nine steps!
1. To create a sheer and flawless canvas I began by buffing a dime size amount of COVERGIRL Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation in Natural Beige all over her face and neck.
2. For an elongated cat eye I used COVERGIRL Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Black Onyx and painted a glitter adhesive just above the black liner and carefully placed a mix of gold and silver glitter on the adhesive with a tiny eyeliner brush for precision.
3. Then I applied COVERGIRL Eye Shadow Quads in Blooming Blushes to add warmth and dimension. I love this palette because it takes the guesswork out of getting gorgeous eyes, it has number for the shades – 1,2,3,4 – so I know just how to apply! I used the fourth shade to define the crease and the first shade to highlight the lids.
4. I finished the eye look with an aggressive lash curling and two coats of new COVERGIRL Full Lash Bloom by LashBlast Mascara in Very Black that left her lashes voluminous and touchably soft throughout her performance! No time for flakes during this performance.
5. To give her brows shape and structure, I added COVERGIRL Pow-der Brow + Liner in Dark Brown.
6. For extra dimension, I warmed her cheeks using COVERGIRL Clean Glow Blush in Roses using the lighter shades on the apples of her cheeks and the darker shade in the hollows of her cheeks
7. Then I added COVERGIRL truMAGIC Luminizer to her cheekbones and brow bones for a shimmery glow.
8. Moving on to the lips, I lined and shaped her lips using COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lip Liner in Hot. I then applied a coat of new COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick in Seduce Scarlet – truly a classic red, for a classic Katy look.
9. I topped it off with a tiny dollop of COVERGIRL Lip Lava in Mauva Lava for a fun and bold lip look!
There you have it! A look appropriate for the biggest game of the year!
Thank you to the fabulous Jake Bailey for providing all the details for Katy’s incredible makeup look.
You can replicate Katy Perry’s look at home. Hit your favorite store to buy CoverGirl Cosmetics or buy it from http://www.covergirl.com/
DEALS and STEALS
I am required to tell you that I am an “affiliate” with these brands. I curate deals that offer bonuses, bargains and great products –and some are very specifically for this site to feature to YOU!
The amount I make has yet to be determined that despite people going to visit the links (and it’s in the thousands every month), I have yet to have anyone buy anything from them.
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org before the piece goes live.
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc./TNBT Inc 2007-16