Get into a SuperBowl 50 State of Mind with Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi! #recipes
With the Super Bowl 50 lineup set, it’s time to figure which team you are rooting for and get prepped for the big Sunday event with some great recipes from Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi that are guaranteed to make any Super Bowl viewing party a win.
We are focusing on using various Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi wines for these cocktails. Available for an affordable $6.99 per bottle, Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi is a budget-friendly way to elevate your buffet game.
Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi recommends serving the Blood Orange Bronco and Carolina Blue Julep cocktails to satisfy family and friends on both sides of the playing field.
Serve alongside Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Touchdown Bites, which incorporate spicy sausage and the tasty Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon, for a guaranteed culinary win. To keep your game day prep to a minimum, the Touchdown Bites can be made ahead, leaving extra time to cheer on your favorite team!
Blood Orange Bronco
Yield: 1 large cocktail (I would recommend that if you are going to make one or both of these cocktails, to buy enough supplies to make them as a pitcher drink– not individual ones. Otherwise you won’t be watching the SuperBow, you will be mixing drinks!)
3/4 cup (6 oz) Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Pinot Grigio
1 oz freshly squeezed blood orange juice
1 oz Campari
1 oz simple syrup (2 parts sugar, 1 part water ratio)
1-1/2 oz soda water
Blood orange wheels, for garnish
1. Fill a large glass or mason jar with ice
2. Add in all of the measured ingredients, except for the soda water
3. Stir the ingredients with a bar spoon
4. Once incorporated, finish with a splash of soda water
5. Garnish with wheels of freshly sliced blood oranges
Carolina Blue Julep
Yield: 1 Mint Julep
3 tsp seltzer water
3 sprigs fresh mint
1/4 fresh blueberries (optional)
Extra large ice cubes
1. To make mint ice cubes, tear up about 8 mint leaves and freeze with water the night before.
2. Muddle six mint leaves, powdered sugar and seltzer water in a glass or cocktail shaker.
3. Add Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Moscato and shake or stir lightly to mix.
4. Add ice cubes to your serving glass, pour drink over the ice and garnish with the remaining mint.
*Entertaining Tip: For a Carolina Panther’s inspired cocktail, muddle a 1/4 cup of blueberries with your mint leave mix
Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Touchdown Bites
Yield: 30-40 sausage balls
(These will be popular! Better to double the recipe as you start.)
For the Sausage Balls:
1 cup cornmeal
8 ounce block of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp chopped thyme leaves
1-pound ground spicy sausage (or mild if you prefer)
3 oz cream cheese
For the Cabernet Honey Mustard:
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup whole grain Dijon mustard
2 fresh thyme sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir cornmeal, flour, cheddar cheese, salt and thyme together.
3. In a separate bowl, combine sausage and cream cheese with your hands.
4. Add sausage mixture to cornmeal mixture and combine the two. Your dough will be dry and crumbly, and somewhat difficult to combine. Form 1-ounce balls and place on baking sheet one inch apart.
5. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes.
6. While the sausage balls are baking, make your Cabernet Honey Mustard.
7. Add all Cabernet Honey Mustard ingredients to a medium saucepan, bring to medium heat. Stirring often, cook for 20-25 minutes or until sauce has reduced by about half. Remove thyme sprigs, and serve in a bowl alongside sausage balls.
8. Enjoy sausage balls hot or at room temperature, serving with Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon.
*Entertaining Tip: These sausage balls are great at room temperature, making them the perfect tailgating food. Let the balls cool completely, and then pack them between paper towels in a storage container to transport them to the game.
Thank you to the Woodbridge by Mondavi people for sending recipes my way! What a fun SuperBowl party this would be!
DEALS and STEALS
I am required to tell you that I am an “affiliate” with these brands. I curate deals that offer bonuses, bargains and great products –and some are very specifically for this site to feature to YOU!
The amount I make has yet to be determined that despite people going to visit the links (and it’s in the thousands every month), I have yet to have anyone buy anything from them.
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including images, podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to email@example.com before the piece goes live.
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc./TNBT Inc 2007-16