While I can cook, I tend to fall into cooking ruts and I really want to feature a lot more vegetables and less meat overall- particularly because the pandemic has played havoc with the cost of meat and chicken at the markets I use. One of the great ways to get around eating a lot of meat or poultry is to use more grains and vegetables. Ancient Harvest has an array of products that will fit perfectly into a side dish or main dish category. I went through some of their recipes and found some that I really want to test-drive. I love Polenta, but I hate the cooking process because it requires a lot of supervision over a significant chunk of time.
POLENTA FRIES Using Ancient Harvest Polenta!
- 1 package of Ancient Harvest Heat-and-Eat Polenta Basil and Garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil (or oil of choice)
- Pinch of Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Heat air fryer to 400 degrees
- Cut ends off of polenta tube
- Cut polenta into fries (cut in half then in quarters then cut again, depending on the thickness you want)
- Spray with choice of oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Cook in the air fryer for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
Vegan Quinoa Tacos
Taco Tuesday is getting a plant-based makeover!
Try these vegan quinoa tacos by @veggieworldrecipes for a new way to enjoy quinoa.
- 1 cup Ancient Harvest Harmony Quinoa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can sweet corn
- 2 large chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- splash of olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado and parsley (or cilantro) to top
- corn tortillas
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, followed by the chopped onion and minced garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain your can of beans and can of corn and add them to the pan.
- Add the vegetable broth, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, quinoa, paprika, and cumin. Cover the pan and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the liquid has pretty much evaporated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Take off heat.
- Heat your tortillas on a clean pan for 10-15 seconds on each side.
Then add your taco mix to the tortillas and top with chopped avocado and parsley or cilantro
(You can also microwave your tortillas till they are steaming – you just have to work fast before they cool off! )
Mojo Verde Polenta Bites
Step outside the box with this fresh holiday appetizer by @lindseyeatsla!
Ancient Harvest Heat-and-Eat Polenta is cooked in rounds and plated up with prosciutto, burrata and a homemade green mojo verde that is begging to be served at your next holiday party.
- 5-7 slices of prosciutto
- About 1/2 cup burrata (mozzarella works too), torn in segments
- 3-4 roma tomatoes
- 1 package of Ancient Harvest Heat-and-Eat Polenta (sliced into rounds)
For the Mojo Verde
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup cilantro
- 5-6 serrano chilies
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 juice of lime
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make your Mojo Verde by placing parsley, cilantro, Serrano chiles, garlic, lime juice, vinegar and oil in a food processor. Pulse and mix until a chunky sauce forms.
- Slice your polenta in rounds and sear on a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil until it becomes a bright yellow/orange color, about 4-5 minutes on each side. While that’s searing, slice your tomatoes.
- To assemble, place your polenta cakes with a piece of sliced tomato, a segment of burrata and 1-2 pieces of prosciutto, drizzle your mojo verde sauce. Guests can pick their bite that includes all the components.
Grilled Polenta Kabobs
These Grilled Polenta Kabobs by @veggielexi are a cinch to make and adds a colorful and delicious texture to your backyard barbecue this summer thanks to Ancient Harvest Heat-and-Eat Polenta.
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil, plus more for brushing before grilling
- 1 Package Ancient Harvest Heat-and-Eat Polenta, Traditional Italian
- 2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1in squares
- 2 green bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1in squares
- 1 package cremini mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 1 red onion, outer layer removed and cut into 1in squares
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 wooden skewers (may cut down to 8in)
- Slice the polenta into ½” thick rounds (about 8 slices total), then cut each round into 6 pieces.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add the olive oil.
- Add the polenta and saute on two sides for about 2 minutes per side. You’re looking for a light golden crisp. This helps the polenta hold its shape when you thread it on the kabob. Alternatively, you could marinate the polenta pieces in olive oil for 30 minutes, but the sauté method is more effective for helping the polenta hold its shape.
- Thread each kabob in the following order: Mushroom, Green Bell Pepper, Red Onion, Red Bell Pepper, Polenta, Cherry Tomato, Mushroom, Green Bell Pepper, Red Onion, Red Bell Pepper, Polenta.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush each kabob with olive oil on both sides before grilling.
- Grill for 8 minutes, turning as needed, or until the vegetables are cooked through
To make sure your veggies are cooked through, you might want to microwave them for about 1-2 minutes in the microwave in a lid on the container. Start with 45 seconds and them add another 30 seconds till you see that the veggies are starting to soften just a bit. You don’t want them too soft or they will fall off the kabobs. By using the microwave for a short period of time, you can add celery, carrot chunks, potatoes, zucchini, or yellow squash.
To find the stores near you that carry Ancient Harvest products, please visit this link: https://ancientharvest.com/store-locator/
Follow Ancient Harvest on these social channels:
________________________DEALS and STEALS(Affiliate Links)
I curate deals that offer bonuses, bargains, and great products –and some are very specifically for this site to feature to my audience because I want my audience to get amazing products from great brands!
Disclosure: some of the links on this post might have affiliate links! It costs you nothing. If you buy something, the brand pays me a small percentage.
If you purchase via my link, I make a very small percentage for that purchase. It does not add any additional cost to the product. The price you see is the retail price (depending on store or vendor) .
Sunscreens Are Essential in Summer: Try COOLA Full Spectrum 360 Sun Silk Drops SPF 30
COOLA’s breakthrough Sun Silk Drops— your daily Full Spectrum 360° protection from the sun, environmental toxins, and digital overexposure.
Their advanced organic formula is light-as-air yet protects against broad-spectrum UVA/UVB, IR (infrared), and HEV (high energy visible) Light, meaning they’ve got you covered from beach to board meeting. A fast-absorbing complex blend of plant stem cells and patented LightWaves Defense [JS+M] technology helps to prevent visible signs of aging from both indoor and outdoor daily aggressors. Finally, full-spectrum organic skincare that keeps up with your everyday modern lifestyle!
What else you need to know:
This product is formulated without oxybenzone. It is vegan, non-GMO, TSA-friendly, and cruelty-free.
Subscribe to RSS headline updates from: http://feeds.feedburner.com/la-story/Bpyd
Powered by FeedBurner
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including images, podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a link- back to the specific page & please email the link to email@example.com before the piece goes live.
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc./TNBT Inc 2007-22