If you haven’t seen CoverGirls’ Star Wars collection, you are in for a treat! Currently available in larger drugstore chains, mass merchandise stores (Target, Walmart etc) and other general merchandise stores, you will find a range of products from Covergirl designed by Pat McGrath in six different “looks”. Two are featured below: Storm Trooper (the Dark Side) and Droid (the Light Side).
COVERGIRL Global Creative Design Director Pat McGrath designed a series of six stunning beauty looks inspired by the film, its iconic characters and key themes, using new limited-edition SKUs from the COVERGIRL Star Wars Makeup Collection, as well as existing products. The looks were designed to enable the hundreds of millions of female Star Wars fans to celebrate their love of the movie, transform their look, and express multiple sides of their personalities. Of the six avant-garde looks representing the Light Side and Dark Side, two were revealed exclusively today:
– Droid features a luminous look that reflects the Light Side in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.” A swatch of golden eye shadow across lids and cheekbones sets the tone, with gold lipstick and gloss punctuating the lustrous palette. Droid is rocking a new metallic lip shade – COVERGIRL Star Wars Lipstick – Colorlicious in Gold #40.
– Stormtrooper features a strong and graphic look to represent the power from the Dark Side. The eyes dominate with a black winged liner and white contrasts. Lips measure up in a deep, mysterious red. Stormtrooper’s edgy look is topped off with a new lip shade – COVERGIRL Star Wars Lipstick – Colorlicious in Dark Purple #50.
Want to get your own look?
Pop culture fanatic and huge Star Wars fan, COVERGIRL Becky G played around with Halloween looks, transforming into COVERGIRL’s Dark Apprentice!
Dark Apprentice is the ultimate character from the dark side, so this look is all about black with pops of red on the eye and lip. Sinister has never looked so stunning.
Join the Force and see above for images and below for a comprehensive breakdown of the Star Wars Dark Apprentice look, modeled above by COVERGIRL Becky G!
COVERGIRL Becky G’s Halloween Breakdown of the Star Wars Dark Apprentice Look
• For this sculpted high-shine look, a luminous base is key. Blend Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation outwards from the nose.
• Draw thick black eyeliner such as COVERGIRL Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Onyx around the eye, creating a wing at the outer corner.
• Press the darkest shade of Eye Shadow Quad in Stunning Smokeys across the lid and under the lower lash line. Fill in the wing with shadow. Blend the lightest shade into the inner corner of the eye and sweep any excess across the lower lashes.
• Now it’s time for the red shadow – brush it inside of your dark frame.
• Sweep the lightest shade over the cheekbones from the eyebrow arch to the temple and suck in cheeks before lightly blending the darker shade into cheek hollows. Blend any hard lines.
• Apply a coat of limited edition Star Wars Mascara on top lashes only.
• To complete your Dark Apprentice look, exfoliate lips and pat over Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation. Apply limited edition Star Wars Lipstick in Red #30 to the center of your lips and press together to distribute color. To play around with an ombré look, dab a bit of Dark Purple #50 in the center to add dimension.
Here’s a swatch chart that I made of all the lip colors; one shadow quad (the nudes which is used for the JEDI look) and also 2 polishes.
All are creamy with a gorgeous finish which is very noticeable on the lighter shades and offers dimension in the darker shades!
There are 4 other pieces left to the collection:
The Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation. I even found a shade to match me: #280.
The eyeliner: Intensif Me Liquid Liner in Black. Easy-peasy to get a thin line from this thin applicator.
The eyeshadow quads: check out the looks at the counter (or online at Covergirl.com/starwars) to get the breakdowns.
The one I was showing was Notice Me Nudes– which is so pretty in the case and very versatile.
Mascaras: There are two! Star Wars Limited Edition Waterproof Mascara (The LIGHT SIDE) and the Star Wars Limited Edition in regular (The DARK SIDE). Both are available in Very Black.
You might want to collect some of these mascaras OR make sure you have the smart phone app BLIPPAR on the phone to unlock exclusive content just for Star Wars & CoverGirl fans!! (A good reason to buy lots of mascara and give it away to friends for Xmas!)
Stay tuned to LA-Story.com for a contest for 8 pieces from the collection: 2 mascaras, 1 eyeliner and 5 lipcolors!
DEALS and STEALS
I am required to tell you that I am an “affiliate” with these brands. I curate deals that offer bonuses, bargains and great products –and some are very specifically for this site to feature to YOU!
The amount I make has yet to be determined that despite people going to visit the links (and it’s in the thousands every month), I have yet to have anyone buy anything from them.
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including images, podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to email@example.com before the piece goes live.
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc./TNBT Inc 2007-16