Try Cooking Up a Special Gift ! 2 Ingredient “Croccante” Is Super Simple!
Considering how often I feature food, you might think I love to cook. Actually, it’s both yes and no.
I like to cook things that are fairly simple and that don’t have a ton of ingredients and lots of effort to put into creating the food.
Thanks to https://food52.com/ this is one recipe I definitely want to try. It has the look (and feel) of something that one can adapt in many ways.
This is a photo ( the video is below)
Author Notes: Though this looks like a snappy toffee that was made by an experienced pastry chef or at least a home candy-making enthusiast, its sole ingredients are sugar and almond and the only special equipment you need is a potato.
No thermometer, no special-order invert sugars, no fancy molds. But that potato is the smartest, most effective way to smooth out hot praline to an even, glassy sheen—so, there, you should invest.
Marcella Hazan’s Croccante (2-Ingredient Almond Brittle)
Makes: about 16 pieces
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 1/4cups (170g) whole blanched almonds (or 1 1/2 cups/170g slivered, but not sliced)
- 1teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1cup plus 2 tablespoons (225g) sugar
- 1large potato, washed and dried well, and cut in half crosswise
- Using a knife, very finely chop the almonds into bits about half the size of a grain of rice. Scoop the chopped almonds into a bowl, leaving the smallest dusty particles behind.
- Spread a large sheet of parchment paper or heavy-duty aluminum foil flat on a heat-safe counter or board and smear the parchment evenly with the vegetable oil.
- Combine the sugar and 1/4 cup (60g) water in a small saucepan with a light-colored interior (preferably lightweight) and melt the sugar over medium-high heat without stirring, but swirling and tilting the pan occasionally. When the melted sugar turns a rich tawny gold color, 8 to 10 minutes, add the chopped almonds and stir constantly with a wooden spoon or heatproof spatula, until the almond and caramelized sugar mixture turns a very dark brown, about 2 minutes more. Pour it, immediately but carefully, over the oiled parchment paper. Pick up one half of the potato and use the cut side to smooth the hot praline until it’s about 1/8 inch (3mm) thick.
- When the croccante is cool enough to touch but not fully cool, flip or slide the slab onto a cutting board and peel off the parchment. Cut the slab into roughly 2-inch (5cm) diamond shapes and let cool completely. Store in an airtight jar in a dry, cool place at room temperature. Any leftover bits are delicious ground up and sprinkled over ice cream.
- GENIUS TIP: THE EASIEST WAY TO CLEAN A STICKY, SUGARY MESS Next time you have a pot or tart pan that looks hopelessly globbed with caramel residue, douse it in boiling water. For cooking vessels, it’s especially easy: simply fill them with water, bring them to a boil, and then carefully pour the water down the drain. The stickiness will be freed, too. Repeat if needed. I bet more people would make caramel if they knew about this time- and agita-saver.
________________________DEALS and STEALS(Affiliate Links)
I curate deals that offer bonuses, bargains, and great products –and some are very specifically for this site to feature to my audience because I want my audience to get amazing products from great brands! If you purchase via my link, I make a very small percentage for that purchase. It does not add any additional cost to the product. The price you see is the retail price (depending on store or vendor) .
Hot New Products for YOUR Fall into Holiday Look at Sephora and Sephora.com
What it is:
A limited-edition highlighter with a reflective, foiled look in an oversized, covetable, gold compact.
Part of the Holiday 2018 collection of glittery shadows, and a high-shine lip gloss/lacquer as seen above.
What it does:
Get more of what you love with this larger-than-life luminizer that adds reflective radiance with the touch of a brush. The micro-fine, jet-milled powder applies seamlessly for a get-noticed glow without glitter. The warm, peachy-gold highlighter is perfectly sized for both face and all-over body use. Presented in a super-shiny, mirrored, gold compact, this foil lumninzer makes the perfect gift for someone who always glows for it.
Left partially sheer at the bodice, waist and hem, a contemporary take on a classic lace cocktail dress shows off alluring hints of skin.
This gorgeous dress comes in five colors including this deep forest green. It would be perfect for holiday parties and New Years Eve!
37″ length (size Medium)
Hidden back-zip closure
Dry clean or hand wash, dry flat
Faux Fur Lined Plaid Biker Jacket,AVEC LES FILLES Buy This HERE:
Get the best of two different trends: a biker jacket done in PLAID. Plaids are the haute trend of the moment so why not wear it in the non-traditional biker jacket!
Contemporary biker style reaches back to classic British racing wear for a retro-contemporary mashup on this plaid jacket featuring a faux-fur lining for style and warmth and faux-leather trim for the finishing touch on the look.
25 1/2″ length (size Medium)
Asymmetrical front-zip closure
Front slant zip pockets
Long sleeves with buckle-detail cuffs
90% polyester, 10% wool with 100% polyurethane trim
100% polyester faux-fur lining
Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including images, podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org before the piece goes live. LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright 2007-2020.