Secrets of the Red Carpet: Pureology Experts Give You How to Get the PERFECT Red Carpet Hair Look!
Volume and elegance swept the 15thAnnual Screen Actors Guild Awards . Pureology PureArtists, Mary Katherine Hecht, Wendy Belanger, Sherilynn Smart and April Webster give you the latest hair trends from this fab award show
Low textured bun
Amy Adams (front)
1. Create a left side part.
2. Use Pureology DryShine HairStyler to add texture to the hair, use fingers to rake the hair back into a loose pony-tail placed opposite of the lips.
3. Use a wide tooth comb to comb the hair that has been created in the low pony-tail, this allows the hair to show some of its natural texture.
Amy Adams (side view)
4. Use a piece of the hair from the pony-tail to wrap around the rubber band.
5. Separate the hair into two sections. Take the top section and twist and fold the hair to the right of the pony-tail, then secure with bobby pins.
Christina Applegate (side view)
6. Take the bottom section and twist the hair and fold it to the left, and then secure with bobby pins.
Christina Applegate ( front)
7. Spray with InCharge Flexible Styling Spray and spread the hair apart to loosen the buns.
8. Finish with Pureology GlossingMist and InChargePlus Firm Finishing Spray.
Loose Pinned Curls
Loose Pinned Curls as seen on Eva Longoria Parker
Eva Longoria Parker (hair style back)
1. If hair has natural curl, diffuse with Pureology RealCurl. If not, blow dry with a cocktail of Pureology PowerDressing and RootLift with a round brush for volume.
2. Using SuperSmooth Hot Iron Protection Spray set hair on 1/2″ curling iron angling hair to direct front sections away from the face. Allow to cool.
3. Secure sections away from hairline in the back to create a large circle of curls on
the back of the head. Additional pinning can be done on the circles interior to give volume, texture.
Eva Longoria Parker — hair from the front
4. With front hairline curls, spray with Pureology InChargePlus Firm Finishing Spray and hold elevated until dry (just a few seconds) and blend ends back into the circle of curls. Finish with InCharge Flexible Styling Spray and GlossingMist.