County Music Legend George Strait Talks About "Twang" , His New CD!
Country music legend George Strait hits another milestone with the release of his latest CD TWANG that is dropped on August 11 (this week) and should be one of his most sought after CD’s.
The first single from Twang, “Living For the Night,” hit the Top 15 mark in just three weeks, making it one of the fastest rising singles of Strait’s career and the first radio single he has written. The song, written by Strait, his son Bubba Strait and legendary songwriter Dean Dillon, sits at No. 7 this week on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart and the Mediabase/Country Aircheck chart.
“It makes a papa proud to have my son contributing to the creation of this record,” Strait admits. “We had a great time writing with each other and then Dean adding his magic made it even more special. I hope the people that buy this record have as much fun listening to it as I had making it.”
“Living For The Night” marks the first time Strait has penned a song he has recorded since “I Can’t See Texas From Here” from his second album Strait From The Heart. Strait co-wrote two additional songs on Twang – “He’s Got That Something Special” and “Out Of Sight Out Of Mind.” Bubba Strait is the sole writer on “Arkansas Dave.”
Co-producing the 13-track disc with legendary producer Tony Brown, Strait proves again why he has sold more than 67 million albums throughout his record-breaking career. Twang, Strait’s 38th album, was recorded at Shrimpboat Sound Studio in Key West, FL. It is the same studio where they recorded Strait’s last two award-winning albums.
2009 has already been a year of accolades for Strait. His platinum-selling Troubadour was named “Best Country Album” at the 51st Annual Grammy Awards in February. In April, Strait was the fifth artist ever to receive the Academy of Country Music’s Artist of the Decade honor. Most recently, he headlined the kick-off event at the new Dallas Cowboys’ stadium, selling out the venue in less than an hour. The concert was hailed by the Dallas Morning News as “an extravaganza” that “showcased Strait at the pinnacle of his musical game.”
Track Listing for Twang:
1. Twang – Jim Lauderdale, Kendell Marvel and Jimmy Ritchey
2. Where Have I Been All My Life – Sherrie Austin, Will Nance and Steve Williams
3. I Gotta Get To You – Jim Lauderdale, Jimmy Ritchey and Blaine Larsen
4. Easy As You Go – Steve Bogard and Rick Giles
5. Living For The Night – George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon
6. Same Kind Of Crazy – Delbert McClinton and Gary Nicholson
7. Out Of Sight Out Of Mind – George Strait and Bubba Strait
8. Arkansas Dave – Bubba Strait
9. The Breath You Take – Dean Dillon, Jessie Jo Dillon and Casey Beathard
10. He’s Got That Something Special – George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon
11. Hot Grease And Zydeco – Gordon Bradberry and Tony Ramey
12. Beautiful Day For Goodbye – Doug Johnson and Pat Bunch
13. El Rey – Jose Alfredo Jimenez
More information about George Strait can be found on