IFC FIlms 2011 Independent Spirit Award Celebration Featured Great Guests, Conversation and Russian Standard Vodka Cocktails!!
The IFC Films’ 2011 Independent Spirit Awards Nominees’ Celebration sponsored by Russian Standard Vodka at the Andaz Hotel in West Hollywood had an amazing array of guests. Definitely a hot party to attend leading to the Independent Spirit Awards and Oscars.
Notable were the Russian Standard Vodka cocktails!! The various tasty cocktails had people chatting and enjoying a lovely night. Here are a couple of recipes for you to test-drive for your next event!
Russian Standard Moscow Mule
1½ ounces of Russian Standard Vodka
¼ ounce Fresh Lime Juice
1 lime wheel, for garnish
Directions: Build the cocktail in a Collins glass or copper mug starting with Russian Standard Vodka and lime juice. Fill with ice and top of with ginger beer. Drop in the lime wheel and stir gently.
2 ounces Russian Standard vodka
¾ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
¾ ounce agave nectar
1 ruby red grapefruit half-wheel, for muddling
1 ruby red grapefruit half-wheel, for garnish
dash of Grapefruit bitters (optional)
Directions: Put one ruby red grapefruit half-wheel into a mixing glass. Muddle until all juices and oils from the peel are extracted. Discard the peel. Add the rest of the ingredients. Add large cold ice and shake vigorously for a few seconds. Strain into a rocks glass over ice and garnish with ruby red grapefruit.
East Side Fizz
2 ounces Russian Standard Vodka
1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ ounce simple syrup
1 finger pinch fresh cilantro leaves
3 thin cucumber wheels
1 splash club soda
Directions: Pour all ingredients except club soda into a mixing glass. Add large cold ice and shake vigorously. Open the shaker and add a splash of club soda. Use a julep strainer to strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Seared Salmon and Dill Yogurt
• 1 cup plain soy or regular yogurt
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
• 1 tablespoon chopped cucumber, fine
• 2 teaspoons lemon zest
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 4 4-ounce salmon fillets
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare salmon fillets – ensure all bones have been removed. In a large saute pan, melt butter and sear salmon fillets on medium-high heat, flesh side down, for about 3 minutes. Turn the fillets over and cook for about 3 more minutes. Place fish on a warm serving plate.
2. In a medium bowl combine the yogurt, dill, cucumber, lemon zest, and olive oil. Mix well and set aside.
3. Heat canola oil; saute garlic until fragrant. Add vegetables; saute until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste
4. To serve, arrange vegetables around fish fillets and spoon yogurt sauce over fish. Serve warm.
2 ounces Russian Standard Vodka
1 ounce Honey Syrup*
¾ ounce Boiron fig purée
½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
Directions: Put all ingredients into a mixing glass. Add large cold ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
* Honey Syrup (Yields 1 quart)
Combine 3 cups of water, 1 ½ cups of Acacia honey, peel of 1 orange, 1 whole vanilla bean (scored). Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes. Allow to cool and strain into a food safe quart container to store. Fill a labeled squeeze bottle for easiest use.
Tempt your tastebuds with these great cocktails and food pairings from Russian Standard Vodka!!
Stevie Wilson, LA-Story.com
If you want to feature content from LA-Story.com, please remember to linkback to the specific page & please email the link to email@example.com
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc. 2007-11