Are you a NARSissist ? Marie P Discusses NARSissist, the Latest NARS Shadow Palette. #Podcast
Courtesy of Marie P, I Am THE Makeup Junkie blogger, we have a podcast between Marie P and me talking about the latest and very interesting shadow palette from NARS: NARSissist !
I got this palette courtesy of NARS Cosmetics for review. I was so glad to be able to review this product and when it finally arrived in the mail, I was thrilled – and nervous–to try this out. This is a diverse palette with matte, shimmer and sparkled shadows from colors that date back to the origination of the brand to the current collection. While some might call this a neutral palette, there is a diversity in texture and tone so that I wouldn’t say that this is a neutral palette but one with a range of tones (both warm and cool) that can go from day to night easily. What I loved was the diverse tones with me only finding 2 shadows that are not really in my range but I can make work by partnering them with other lighter, warmer tones. What I really like is that when some of the older shades were originally launched, I bought those shades and didn’t really work them all that well with the color mixes I was doing at that time. I was a huge fan of unusual colors and neutrals weren’t always my first choice. Since that time I have changed how I use color (haven’t we all?). I find that these neutrals particularly in the creamy to warm brown tones are crazy great and I love working the violet/purple tones with other shadows I have for some pretty nifty looks. The blendability is better than I remember and I love everything .
– All About Eve I: a flesh-toned neutral
– Madrague II: a matte caramel.
– Fez: a velvety cocoa. (A fave now that I have tried it)
– Bali: a neutral.
– Coconut Grove: a deep brown infused with reflections. ( Another new shade I now adore)
– Madrague I: a matte cream.
– Nepal: a soft, sheer rose.
– Ashes to Ashes: a shimmery violet-based brown.
– Brousse II: a black violet. (Another new favorite!)
– Mekong: an espresso infused with gold. (Had this one and never used it! Smack me upside the head!)
– Bellissima I: a shimmering beige with subtle glitter.
– Lhasa: a lavender grey.
– Bad Behavior: a deep pewter. ( This is an interesting color. It’s got a blue-ish/teal undertone)
– Dogon II: a charcoal black.
– Pandora II: a matte black.
NARS NARSissist page & this includes the films!
Here’s the podcast with Marie P of I Am THE Makeup Junkie.blogspot.com blog
Thank you to Marie P for her fab participation. We had a great time– some of which you don’t get to here as we veered off topic in various directions. She’s awesome!
Follow Marie P on these social media platforms!
http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/— her blog!
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org before the piece goes live.
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc./TNBT Inc 2007-14