Wow, I managed to miss National Waffle Day – ( National Waffle Day was Wednesday, Aug. 24) and I love waffles. So in light of my omission, I am featuring a day late but a day closer to the weekend in hopes I can inspire you to either make waffles or head out to your favorite place to enjoy some waffles this weekend.
Finlandia Cheese has provided a really interesting study and infographic to give a bit of back-story to the beloved waffle: “The World’s Most Buttery, Tasty, Zany, Brainy Waffle Study.”
According to popular butter and cheese producer Finlandia Cheese (company link) there’s no more waffling… people from all corners of the United States love their waffles buttered (and with syrup—but we already knew that).
In case you don’t know about waffles, here’s a bit of information courtesy of National Day Calendar (like for Waffle Day etc)
Eaten throughout the world, a waffle is a leavened batter or dough that is cooked between two plates that are patterned to give a characteristic size, shape and surface impression. Waffles come in many forms. Depending on the type of batter or iron used, the resulting waffle vary by consistency, size, shape and flavor.
Waffles have a variety of presentations around the globe, so you can be creative if you happen to want to mix up some batter! For those who want to make it from scratch or from a mix, try Finlandia Butter and Cheese! Find retail stores near you that have the> https://www.finlandiacheese.com/product-locator/” > Finlandia brand here
Finlandia Cheese (in conjunction with Learndipity Data Insights) surveyed 2,000 Americans about their love of waffles. Here are the hot and buttery results (Text based results are at the bottom of this post below the infographic!)
>> EVERYONE LOVES WAFFLES (WITH BUTTER ON TOP)
* 76% of Americans like waffles
* 80% of Americans who like waffles like to put butter on them
>> WOMEN LIKE WAFFLES A BIT MORE THAN MEN
* 80% of women like waffles compared to just 69% of men
* 83% of women who like waffles like to put butter on them, compared to 76% of men
>> WAFFLES ARE A DELICIOUS FOOD PEOPLE LOVE AT ALL INCOME LEVELS
* $0 – $25,000: 78% like waffles; 72% put butter on them
* $25,000 – $50,000: 77% like waffles; 83% put butter on them
* $50,000 – $75,000: 73% like waffles; 82% put butter on them
* $75,000 – $100,000: 71% like waffles; 83% put butter on them
* $100,000 – $200,000: 70% like waffles; 86% put butter on them
>> WAFFLES ARE ESPECIALLY POPULAR AMONG THE YOUNGEST AND OLDEST AMERICANS
* Ages 18-24: 84% like waffles; 68% put butter on them
* Ages 25-34: 72% like waffles; 80% put butter on them
* Ages 35-44: 76% like waffles; 80% put butter on them
* Ages 45-54: 77% like waffles; 86% put butter on them
* Ages 55-64: 77% like waffles; 82% put butter on them
* Ages 65+: 89% like waffles; 92%put butter on them
>> SOUTHERNERS AND MIDWESTERNERS LOVE WAFFLES THE MOST (ESPECIALLY WITH BUTTER)
* Westerners: 72% like waffles; 77% put butter on top
* Southerners: 81% like waffles; 90% put butter on top
* Easterners: 69% like waffles; 70% put butter on top
* Midwesterners: 78% like waffles; 87% put butter on top
And to take your waffles from fine to divine, find premium Finlandia Butter near you at these locations:
Let me know if you buy some Finlandia products and use them in your waffle or other food prep!!
DEALS and STEALS(Affiliate Links)
I am required to tell you that I am an “affiliate” with these brands. I curate deals that offer bonuses, bargains and great products –and some are very specifically for this site to feature to YOU!If you purchase via my link, I make a very small percentage for that purchase. I pick the best products, vendors and deals I can find!
Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including images, podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to email@example.com before the piece goes live. LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright KBP Inc./TNBT Inc 2007-18BP Inc./TNBT Inc 2007-18