Summer Hair: From Beach & Pool to Party & Night Out! Robert Ramos Provides Tips!
Summer is what we wait for all year Ok, ok, you might love a different season but here in So. Calif., it’s all about the sunshine and warm weather and I love it!! No matter what your favorite season is, this blog is for you– and how to care for your hair if you want to transition from the lake or beach to party time or night out.
Given that heat and/or humidity is an issue– and I have recently experienced that on my vacation– the last thing you want to do is deal with flat irons and blow dryers to get rid of frizz and wayward hair.
Celebrity stylist Robert Ramos who works with Jessica Alba, Eva Mendes and Jamie King, has the inside scoop on how to look fab from pool to party in no time– it involves 2 tools– Volumizer and Leave-In Conditioner.
1. Avoid heat tools. Your hair is already fried from sun, pollution, wind and chlorine. Instead, apply a leave-in conditioner to damp hair and scrunch hair to bring out natural waves. You can gently twist hair around your finger to style. Apply a volumizer to roots to give hair some lift and style. You want to avoid brushes. Use your fingers for a natural look.
2. To keep hair protected, apply a leave-in conditioner to hair before going into chlorine or the ocean.
3. Braid hair when it’s damp and leave in until the sun dries it. Use a leave-in conditioner to soften the hair. Then unwind the braids for perfect waves. Use bigger braids for bigger waves and smaller braids for smaller waves.
Another trick is to do one braid along the part (you can do a sideways part or a middle part) and that will give you some lift. You can also do a sexier look by braiding the front “bangs”. Simply braid along the forehead line and you can create a Veronica Lake wave in no time.
4. Loose buns are a staple. The trick at getting it to look polished and beachy and not workout ready is to get some height at the crown of your head. Use a volumizer and tease gently at the root. Smooth the front with fingers (no brush) and pull into a low bun. Wind around and secure with bobbie pins that match your hair color. It looks more pulled together and there are plenty of brands that offer various shades to match red, black, brunette and blonde hair.
5. If your hair is stick straight and won’t get the beachy waves you want, go with it. Smooth hair with a leave-in conditioner to minimize frizz and brush smooth and pull into a tight low ponytail. It’s modern and clean.
Robert’s key summer looks are inspired by his Robert Ramos Volumizer which is alcohol free and features Hydrolyzed algae to give hair texture and body while protecting the hair from environmental assault such as sun and pollution.
Algae keeps hair hydrated and looking healthy. The Robert Ramos Spray Leave-In Conditioner includes Aloe Vera and contains herbal extracts, natural oils, vitamins and shea butter and green tea which detangles, strengthens and smoothes the hair.
Sounds –and looks– like we have a beauty winner of a product line here.