Piper Perabo & January Jones Walk the Golden Globes Red Carpet for Celebrity Style Slam #4
Nancy Lichtenstein returns for Celebrity Style Slam #5 for the Golden Globe 2011. This time we have 2 gorgeous blondes who really duke it out. Both are fit, beautiful, tall and have interesting choices in clothing.
January Jones vs Piper Perabo
*Black dress that stands out against the predominance of pale shades and the brights (particularly green). The bow is an interesting touch– although it seems to dominate the dress.
* She is wearing minimal jewelry and is carrying a small bag which is perfect for this gown.
* Her makeup is pale with clean eyes and a slash of a red mouth which makes her look killer.
Stars: 3.5 Stars
*She gives an entirely new meaning to the term “bandage dress” — this is now the baby bandaid dress and there’s so little here, that Jones should be thanking the weather god for making it summery hot that day in LA so that she could wear this and not worry about showing goosebumps and more from her waist up.
* The fringe at the bottom of the dress is more like a psychotic break in the dress theme and she doesn’t seem to pull it off well. It’s as neurotic and fragmented as Betty Draper.
* Black shoes? Why black shoes? Couldn’t the stylist find strappy red sandals or red pumps? The spring collections are out! Even a metallic would have been better than black
* Jones doesn’t need to wear much jewelry. No one is noticing anyway with so much bare skin, jewelry is superfluous.
* The makeup is perfect, the hair style vintage Grace Kelly but January breaks that glamour spell by wearing something more suited to the outre’ and outrageous Grammys where less is better and even LESS is great. This was not that venue unfortunately.
Suggestion: Try a new stylist. Try hiring us- we would do this for free simply to have you regain your stature as the next Grace Kelly before you blow it with the next unforgettable (*in a bad way) dress. You are losing your cache as style icon here.
Stars: 1.5 Stars
Stevie Wilson, LA-Story.com
If you want to feature content from LA-Story.com, please remember to linkback to the specific page & please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc. 2007-11