Uncovet, a new way to discover the most sought-after items from up-and-coming designers, vintage finds from select high-profile brands and home products. The best part is that you can easily share your special finds with your friends or all of your web friends.
The site launched June 12th and it’s the most interesting site I have seen in a long time. With Heather Lipner –the digital/web brainchild behind the site– helming this venture, you get a distinctly new experience that helps you track not only your own finds but those of others too and how much you might share in common– or not– and how you, your friends and acquaintances might wear/use these fashion finds differently.
Who is Heather Lipner?
Known as a tech maven around LA, Heather Lipner brings her distinctive sense of style to everything she does, from the tech savvy creative director of Myspace, to leveraging her insight into social media to scour the ends of the web to uncover the most coveted items of the moment. Her goal is to reinvent the way people discover fashion.
Uncovet lets their users discover how influential their recommendations are by mapping shopper’s style graph. With Uncovet’s “inner circle” benefits, the user will get even better deals and special bonuses when they share across Pinterest, Svpply, Twitter and other networks.
Here’s a KEY point that I find really essential to the success of Uncovet. The site also uses data science to understand your tastes and deliver on-trend items straight to your e-doorstep – saving you hours of web scouring for the perfect designs and trinkets. That’s such a blessing and if they can nail down my eclectic style, bring it on!
Look I know you are wondering why I am raving about this site. It’s different. Here’s a comparison they gave me and some salient points that I could have made myself but they did the work for me. Personally I don’t shop a lot of the sample sales because they deliver so much cookie cutter stuff when I am looking for the new, emerging designers that are making a splash or about to. ( wave to the fashion, jewelry, accessory and beauty brands I have worked with)
Screenshot for Uncovet!
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UNCOVET AND GILT
1. A big difference between Uncovet and Gilt is Uncovet features more independent designers & Gilt goes after big brands. Often times, Gilt will send you the big name brand leftovers from last season. Uncovet, on the other hand, focuses on current trends and seasonal needs, presenting daily collections of products under a specific theme. For example, they recently did an email around what to wear/bring for music festivals.
Further, Uncovet covers all style genres & time periods connecting to today’s modern shopper – people who take cues from any & all genres, from urban to preppy to boho to glam, aiming to constantly keep fresh.
2. By going after big brands, Gilt’s loyalty is to their vendors. They show their loyalty by featuring their vendors over and over again as time goes on. Uncovet is more shopper focused. How so? Well, after you sign up and begin using Uncovet–whether you end up buying or just simply browsing, Uncovet will be mapping your “shopper’s style graph”, which analyzes a number of data points to deliver deeper discounts and tailored shopping recommendations to you. The more you use the site, the more refined Uncovet will be in determining what you want to see. On Gilt, what’s available to you is available to the next person shopping on the site. By implementing the shopper’s style graph, Uncovet customizes your shopping preferences, then delivers an assortment of hand-picked items to your email each day.
3. On Gilt, it’s survival of the fittest. If you don’t make it in time for the flash sale, too bad. Uncovet on the other hand, is all about community. By factoring your personal shopping preferences and generating customized product recommendations, Uncovet also identifies which friends the you should share your shopping finds with in order to increase your discounts. It’s like “Pay it forward” in a sense, but with shopping. Since Uncovet is style driven, diversity in the style community is promoted. It’s not a competition of who get’s last season’s “it handbag” first, it’s about sharing the wealth, and part of that responsibility is handed forward to Uncovet’s users. Because at the end of the day, trends aren’t forcasted in the dark–they are displayed and re-pinned and re-shared by the inspired, style-empowered individuals participating in the Uncovet experience.
4. On Gilt, many times you’ll see the same exact products pop up over and over again–not on Uncovet. Through research and technology, Uncovet’s mission is to deliver items that members want on the daily blast. Hunting around on the internet often time leads to the same boring products. Regurituated finds are exactly what Uncovet seeks to prevent. “Design and technology is Uncovet’s sweet spot, and we use both to solve people’s common shopping dilemmas – spending excessive amounts of time and money to surface unique products that fit their style,” said Heather Lipner, co-founder and President of Uncovet.
( This is the biggest benefit to using Uncovet. No more time-suck in hunting down items and also trying to find the best deal on the item. PLUS if they spot something that fits your shopping/purchasing pattern, they shoot it to you)
· Reputation Ranking Engine– Each product within the email is selected based on industry trends and predictions providing the best products from every single style genre.
· Influence-based Commerce – Uncovet helps customers use their social network popularity to improve their membership status. Uncovet gives their fans even better deals and bonuses when they share Uncovet across Pinterest, Svpply, Twitter, Facebook and get their friends to sign up. Additionally, the company’s lifestyle graph analysis helps customers know where and who to share with to improve their chances of getting better deals.
· Social shopping -A live feed shouts out the product quantities left, endorsements from recent buyers and sharers, membership level jumps, style tips, as well as guest curation from influential bloggers.
· Product exclusives - Uncovet collaborates with a growing community of bloggers and designers to pick products as well as create new or tweak existing products to optimize customer relevancy.
Here’s the bonus I am offering you: a special code to get into Uncovet.
It’s important that you tell your friends to come check out this post — or find it on my facebook page (www.facebook.com/la-storyblog) or follow me on twitter as I retweet this invite.
Here’s the Invite code: http://shop.uncovet.comlrRef=gP82DU
Here’s an incentive to shop: a discount code for $15 off for your shopping cart when you plug-in LASTORY at checkout.
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org before the piece goes live.
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc. 2007-12