Get a Life That Doesn't Suck!! Michelle DiAngelis Tells You How — Podcast!!
I must admit that I was a bit tardy in getting this post up. I *had* to finish Michelle DiAngelis’ book ” Getting a Life That Doesn’t Suck” (great title!).
It applies to my life as much as it does most people, I took several rounds with chapters to get through it and use it in my life (along with modalities already in play and others that were to be engaged), this book is about how to get your life/act/business together in such a way that the little things don’t blow your day (hour, week, vacation). It’s either manage the situation differently or it means coast through the rough spot using her BACK technique ( listen to the podcast to learn more or hit her site www.getalifethatdoesntsuck.com is highly effective and I have used it while running late to appointments thanks to traffic, or a truck blocking the road, or just things going haywire.
Photo by Jessica Shokrian
Michelle DiAngelis’ book comes from her work consulting with professional client with a dose of personal experience which kick-started this book– the news that her mom was dying. DiAngelis chose to rearrange her life to spend the last days of her mom’s life with her every second– squeezing the juice out of every moment, living entirely in the present.
Her willingness to face the fear, the angst, the pain directly is something that shows a courage that each of us has- if we choose to dig down and pull it out. It’s hard work but not impossible
Here’s what I love about the book
1) it’s straight forward approach
2) plain talk that gives you the facts and illustrations that support what she talks about.
3) easy to do tasks, tricks, tips and techniques that really work- providing you use them
4) it does have a spiritual aspect that is well-suited to most and still manages to have a practical application.
5)Choose– you can choose what happens in your life. How you respond to your life events (big and small) can make a huge difference in YOUR life!
6) it’s funny!! You will see yourself in this book. (I did at least 5 times). You will laugh easily as you see others who have gone through what you have.
7) it’s an easy read but you will find that you go back to different chapters and it’s easy to take with you.
8) Michelle is extremely accessilble and open in this book. She shares what works and doesn’t work.
Here’s the best part of this post: a 13 minute podcast where Michelle and I chat about the book, her BACK technique (it really does work) and how to get a life that truly does not suck and get some JOY back into your life.
Michelle DiAngelis will be on the TODAY Show on NBC on 12/9. DO NOT MISS this TV inrerview. There are other interviews, media reviews etc on her site.