StyleLab & Michael O’Connor Get Celebs Sparkling for Oscars Red Carpet!
StyleLab’s Jewelry Suite for the Academy Awards was the hot spot for celebrities seeking to get unique jewelry to wear on the red carpet and the brands featured in the suite including the American Gem Trade Association Collection, Dena Kemp, IDH Titanium, and Farah Khan, among others. From platinum and diamonds to pearls and zultanite, over 200 pieces worth $20 million dollars were available for loan.
Celebrity stylist Michael O’Connor helped guests make their jewelry selection.
“The hottest trends on the red carpet are colored gemstones and bolder pieces, such as statement earrings or large diamond cuffs,” says O’Connor. “Celebrities are placing emphasis on their jewelry choices to ensure a greater contrast between gown color and gemstones, and also to guarantee that their jewelry will complement their gown’s embellishments.”
Here are a few select items that were worn on Oscar’s red carpet or at the after-parties.
Jeff Bridges’ daughter Isabelle (Jeff nominated for his True Grit role)
• Diamond and emerald earrings by Farah Khan ($45,242)
Jeff Bridges’ daughter Haley
• Diamond and blue sapphire (6 carats) ring by Dena Kemp
Lynn Collins (“X Men Origins: Wolverine”)
• South Sea pearl bangle with tanzanite and pave diamonds set in platinum by Paspaley for the American Gem Trade Association Collection
• South Sea pearl Marquise earrings with tanzanite and pave diamonds by Paspaley for the American Gem Trade Association Collection
Fagun Thakrar (Bollywood actress)
• Yellow sapphire, diamond and South Sea pearl earrings by Farah Khan ($8,832)
• Diamond cuff by Farah Khan ($46,967)
Mary Zophres (nominated for Costume Design “True Grit”)
• Orange sapphire (7.60 carats) and diamond mosaic filigree earrings by Dallas Prince for the American Gem Trade Association Collection ($11,685)
Pamela Martin (nominated for Film Editing “The Fighter”)
• Yellow sapphire (9 carats) and diamond (2.75 carats) earrings by Shaftel & Co. for the American Gem Trade Association Collection ($45,000)
Chris Harrison (TV Guide Network’s Academy Awards Red Carpet with Chris Harrison)
• Heidelberg Small Second/Date watch by ELYSEE ($495)
Guests attending the Suite also received a yoga gift card from Passport to Prana, a gift card for luxury beauty products from DermStore, a gift card from jewelry website Ajaline.com, and mini facial kits from Living Clay.
Thank you to Michael O’Connor and Niki Ostin for all the help at the StyleLab!!
Stevie Wilson, LA-Story.com
If you want to feature content from LA-Story.com, please remember to linkback to the specific page & please email the link to email@example.com
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc. 2007-11