How to Handle Personal Training Client Crushes: 10 Things a Personal Trainer Can Do!
Social Media Maven & Fitness Pro Sally Hughes came up with this great post. She tossed it very nicely to me because she knows I was looking for fitness content. Sally has been feeding me workout tips she has that I have been implementing -but this post isn’t about me. While this post is about fitness, working out and being healthy; it’s also about establishing boundaries and knowing the limits of relationships particularly when it comes to such personal things like workouts. Personal trainers need to recognize quickly when a client “crushes” on them because of the personal contact that trainers have with clients– a lot like what happens with doctors, therapists and teachers.
There comes a time in every trainer’s life when a client will develop a crush on them and this is my list of the top 10 ways to nip it in the bud quicker than you can say SKULL CRUSHERS!
1. Every time they wink at you, make them do 100 push-ups– on top of a hard object.
2. When they ask you anything even remotely related to your love life, hand them two 100 pound dumb-bells and snicker while giving furtive glances to the nearest Stair-Master.
3. Offer to spot them on a bench press that’s double what they normally do, then bellow “Dang hang nails!” and stop spotting immediately and pretend to chew your cuticles instead.
4. When you tell them to “exhale on exertion,” put your money where you mouth is and fire up a cigarette as soon as they inhale.
5. Follow them into the locker room. Then as they change clothes, point a blow dryer at them and yell “would you like some fries with that slab of beef?”
6. Every time they ask a question – no matter what it pertains to! – scream “SKULL CRUSHERS!” at the top of your lungs.
7. When they tell you how great you look, quickly put a dead-look stare on the the hottest person at the gym and make them give you ANOTHER 100 push-ups while endlessly quoting MLK’s “I Had a Dream” – with the emphasis on “dream.”
8. Make them do 100 burpees while forcing yourself to burp non-stop (bonus points for farting – but only if you make up a move called the fart-tee and they have fart too.
9. Remind them that while “Officer and a Gentleman” was ONLY a movie; you do in fact carry both mud and rain in your gym bag and ain’t afraid to use it.
10. Hand them the biggest dumb-bells known to man then tell them to do SKULL CRUSHERS until you get back from the bathroom— then don’t EVER come back!
OK. All that said– and as you very likely know if you train with me and/or follow my fitness posts– I LOVE all my clients. This was written in the spirit of my love for fitness – and my love for my clients – which is endless not to mention priceless!
ALL you guys rock– and I love you. Now give me 100 push-ups, oh great SkullCrushers!
Thank you to PLANET SHARK aka Sally Hughes.
You can follow her on
FREE Standard Shipping on ALL Orders Over $80 at L’Occitane!FREE Standard Shipping on ALL Orders Over $80 at L’Occitane!
Save 10% off + Free Shipping on any order! Use code AFALL10FS. Hurry, offer ends 10.24.11
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org before the piece goes live.
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc. 2007-12