Celebrate the New Year with a Collection of Interesting Cocktails + Brews!
This is the end of the first week of the new year– and you need a cocktail- or something to celebrate this achievement. After all, it’s been a L O N G week -despite having it be very short. So put a little spice and “rock and roll” into your weekend by kicking it off with at least one of these 3 cocktails!!
Here’s some cool new things from some chefs and mixologists that just might get your head to snap a bit (either out of surprise or back into place)
Bohemia Old-Fashioned Cocktail
by Chef Rick Bayless Serves 4
• 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
• 2 to 4 tablespoons superfine sugar to taste
• 1/2 cup bourbon ( Makers Mark, Jack Daniels Honey, other crafted bourbons)
• Ice cubes
• 1 to 2 cups Bohemia beer
• Maraschino cherries for garnish
1. Mix lime juice and sugar in small pitcher until sugar dissolves. Stir in bourbon and chill until needed.
2. Fill 4 short “rocks” glasses with ice. Top each with ¼ of the bourbon mixture. Fill the glasses the rest of the way with Bohemia. Garnish with maraschino cherries.
Bohemia Chipotle Michelada
• 2 fresh lime wedges, cut in half
• Chipotle rimming salt, see recipe below
• 1 tablespoon Frontera Chipotle Hot Sauce or 1 teaspoon pureed canned chipotles en adobo
• 6 ounces chilled Bohemia beer
• 1 slice cucumber, for garnish
1. Use a piece of the lime wedge to wet the rim of a tall glass with lime. Dip the rim of the glass into the chipotle rimming salt.
2. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lime pieces into the glass and then add the lime pieces. Stir in the chipotle hot sauce or pureed chipotles in adobo. Fill the glass with ice.
3. Pour in the Bohemia beer. Mix gently. Garnish glass rim with a cucumber slice. Serve.
Chipotle rimming salt:
Thoroughly mix 2 tablespoons coarse (kosher) salt and 1 tablespoon ground chipotle chile powder in a small bowl. Pour out onto a small plate to use for rimming beer glasses.
EL JIMADOR RASPBERRY PALOMA
• 2 oz. El Jimador Silver
• 6-8 raspberries
• ½ oz. Lime Juice
• ½ oz. Simple Syrup or agave nectar
• 1 ½oz. Grapefruit juice
1. Place all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, fill with ice and shake vigorously.
2. Strain into a high ball glass filled with cubed ice.
3. Garnish with a lime twist and two raspberries.
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to email@example.com before the piece goes live.
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc./TNBT Inc 2007-13