Get the Look from GHD for Oscars 2015: Marion Cotillard, Keira Knightley, #BeautyBreakdown #Hair
After seeing Dennis Stokely’s piece, let’s stick with focusing on hair. After all, it’s easy to put on more lipstick or update your eyes. It’s another thing entirely when hair droops or doesn’t work.
WHO: Marion Cotillard
Robert Vetica for ghd, North America
“Marion is the perfect muse and she inspired me. I wanted to keep the hair simple and chic, with a 20’s vibe.”
1) I dried Marion’s damp hair using the ghd air™ hairdryer in the direction of the style, focusing on a low side part.
2) I then used the ghd eclipse™ styler to bend and shape the hair. ghd’s patented tri-zone™ technology, allows for perfect heat distribution and superior fast styling.
3) I then pulled the hair into a low side ponytail over her right ear, and simply rolled the hair behind her ear, pinning as I went
4) To finish the look, I sprayed hairspray all over and used the diffuser attachment to set the style.
ghd air™ hairdryer ($225),
ghd eclipse™ styler ($245)
WHO: Keira Knightley
Ben Skervin for ghd, North America
“Relaxed and romantic. I wanted to keep Keira’s cool edge so it was important that the hair not appear professionally done, and more like she could have done her hair herself.”
1)“I first sprayed Keira’s hair with a blowout primer, then used the ghd air™ hairdryer which
with its ionic technology gives a smooth, frizz-free finish.
When drying, I took sections of hair and twisted them to give loose texture. Once each twisted section dried, I used my fingers to comb through which helps to deconstruct the look so it’s not perfect.
2)I then wrapped 2 inch sections of hair around the ghd curve™ classic wave wand and with ghd’s patented tri-zone™ technology, the whole barrel had the same temperature ensuring no hair was left un-waved. The unique oval shaped barrel also created perfect, large and loose waves.
3) Once I had the right texture, I brushed out the hair and sprayed a beach spray all over. To finish, I used the ghd air™ hairdryer once more over the top layer to set the style before adding the Chanel headband.
PRODUCTS: ghd air™ hairdryer ($225),
ghd curve™ classic wave wand ($245)
I love ghd hair tools. They are smart, easy to use and give you the finished hair style that really lasts!
DEALS and STEALS
I am required to tell you that I am an “affiliate” with these brands. I curate deals that offer bonuses, bargains and great products –and some are very specifically for this site to feature to YOU!
The amount I make has yet to be determined that despite people going to visit the links (and it’s in the thousands every month), I have yet to have anyone buy anything from them.
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to email@example.com before the piece goes live.
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc./TNBT Inc 2007-16