Want to rock braids for your festival adventures?
Check out these tips below from ghd Guest Artist, Patrick Wilson (Coachella 2018 + 2019)
PLUS extra videos I have slid into this “Festival Hair” article with tips and tricks courtesy of ghd!
Easy to create but packing a powerful punch, this braided hairstyle makes any festival your personal catwalk. Make sure you stand out from the crowd with a splash of color running through your locks and bring the rainbow with you.
Using the ghd platinum+ styler lets you add texture and softness to waves or keeps hair sleek and shiny while ensuring your style lasts from day to night, perfect for any festival or party! The first SMART styler from ghd that predicts your hair’s needs teamed together with these step-by-steps will guide you through how to make a statement style perfect for rocking out.
So be the Queen of the Scene this festival season and let your true colors shine through.
You might be wondering why I am featuring ghd hair tools. ghd has some of the best hair tools I have ever seen. I have a travel flat iron and it’s phenomenal. Your hairstyle will only be as good as 1) your tools, and 2) your skills (which improve over time). I love the brand! For this feature, I am focusing on the ghd gold® pure gold styler.
ghd guest artist Patrick Wilson creates the perfect festival hairstyle on Danielle Peazer using braids, waves and chains.
Braiding the top of the head and leaving loose waves free, creates a super chic boho look that will never go out of style. Placing rings down the center adds an edgy take on a unicorn braid keeping hair out of the face, letting you party until the small hours of the morning.
HOW TO RECREATE DANIELLE’S LOOK
1. Prep hair with ghd heat protect spray with UV heat protection.
2. Create loose waves throughout the hair using ghd gold® pure gold styler.
Start by taking a section of hair, place the styler on the hair and turn the styler 180 degrees, then push downwards. Leave the ends straight for an edgier finish.
3. Alternate the direction of the wave throughout the hair, starting with the hair around the face and direct this motion away from your features to frame and flatter.
4. Next, create an inch thick channel of hair from front of head to crown. Add large chain rings to the section, threading the hair through and stopping at the point of the crown.
5. Create two micro braids to sit either side of the chain rings.
6. Secure into a high ponytail at the back and conceal the band by wrapping a small piece of hair around the pony leaving waves free for an undone look.
7. Finish with a spritz of hairspray to add shine and hold the look in.
ghd X COACHELLA: ARIANA WHITTINGHAM
Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2018
Braids, waves and rings for days; this hairstyle has it all. A deep side parting and a tight French braid create the appearance of an undercut without having to take the plunge of the chop – a perfect look for festivals when you want to temporarily switch up your style.
With the limited edition ghd gold® pure gold styler, creating beachy waves is easy; and the addition of free-spirited silver rings adorning the braid will be sure to make your style stand out and sparkle in the sun.
Make your hair the headline act this festival season. Discover how we achieved this look on Ariana Whittingham at Coachella 2018 by following our step-by-step-guide.
1. Prep hair with ghd heat protect with UV protection.
2. Create a deep side parting in the hair using the tip of the ghd tail comb and clip away to add the adornment and embellishment later on.
3. Next, add luxe, loose waves to the hair using the ghd gold® pure gold styler. Place the styler at the root and rotate half a turn to start creating some movement within the hair.
4. Continue to rotate as you push down and glide the styler through to the ends. Release the hair from the styler towards the ends of the hair to achieve a modern straight-end look.
5. Repeat the technique throughout the back sections, always keeping the styler horizontal and with a full turn.
6. Once the hair has cooled, use the ghd detangling comb to loosen the waves by combing from roots to ends. Personalise your look by massaging small sections of hair between your fingers to add extra texture.
7. Take the clipped section and tightly French braid a small braid down the side of the head, starting just by the ear.
8. Finish by randomly placing silver hair rings throughout the braids and spritz with a hairspray to hold.
MORE from ghd’s youtube channel: UNICORN braids!
For more tips, tricks and ideas on how to get festival-worthy hair, here’s a video from Sephora!
Thanks to ghd and guest artist Patrick Wilson for all these great tips on how to get GREAT festival hair!
There are other newer stylers and tools in the ghd family. Talk to ghd directly or a hair expert at your local salon OR check out this store locator to find the store nearest to you! You can also find ghd products at:
________________________DEALS and STEALS(Affiliate Links)
I curate deals that offer bonuses, bargains, and great products –and some are very specifically for this site to feature to my audience because I want my audience to get amazing products from great brands!
Disclosure: some of the links on this post might have affiliate links! It costs you nothing. If you buy something, the brand pays me a small percentage.
If you purchase via my link, I make a very small percentage for that purchase. It does not add any additional cost to the product. The price you see is the retail price (depending on store or vendor) .
Was $79, now $47.40!!
Soft on the outside, plush and snowy white on the inside, this moto-style jacket is sewn from faux shearling that provides cozy, lightweight warmth.
Here’s a slightly longer Faux Shearling jacket. This is also from Nordstrom.com and on sale!
It’s love at first sight (and feel) with this cozy-chic car coat of faux shearling that can be reversed from the velvety side to the plush side.
Original price : $128.00, Sale price: 85.76!!
Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including images, podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a linkback to the specific page & please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org before the piece goes live. LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright 2007-2020.