Valentine’s Day 2020 SPIRIT Gift ideas!
Check out these great brands to gift or buy for your own cocktails!
- The GlenDronach Single Malt Scotch Whisky 12 ($60):
From historic Highland distillery The Glendronach, this Sherry-casked aged Scotch is the ultimate pairing for milk chocolate or cheese. With smooth vanilla and fruit notes, spice and a rich creamy-silky palate, this richly sherried whisky has a memorable and long nutty finish is the craftsmanship of Master Blender Rachel Barrie.
Woodford Reserve Double Oaked ($54.99):
- This ultra-premium spirit is twice barreled in White Oak and matured to perfection in handcrafted barrels created at Woodford Reserve’s own cooperage. The barrels are uniquely toasted and charred to create an expression rich in flavor and color. The second custom barreling process creates heavier notes of honey, cream and vanilla that are magnified alongside sweet aromatic notes.
● Color: Deep Amber
● Aroma: Rich notes of dark fruit, caramel, sharp honey, chocolate, marzipan & toasted oak.
● Taste: A full-bodied mix of vanilla, dark caramel, hazelnut, apple fruit and spices.
● Finish: Long and creamy with hints of honeyed apple lingering on.Full-bodied with a long, rich finish Woodford Reserve Double Oaked is meant to be savored neat, straight out of the bottle, or with an ice cube.
- Tanteo Tequila ($39.99):
Currently available in Jalapeño, Chipotle, Habanero, and newly released Blanco expressions
- Made in small batches in the only distillery owned by its co-op of agave farmers in the small town of Juanacatlán, Mexico, Tanteo Tequila’s production process honors every detail from the ground to glass. Ideal for the home entertainer or spicy margarita lover, Tanteo removes the guesswork and offers a perfectly balanced cocktail every time.
- For each spicy tequila, freshly picked peppers are infused into Tanteo’s handcrafted, overproof blanco tequila, with careful consideration for both the age and piquancy (heat intensity) of the peppers. The resulting tequila offers vibrant, complex pepper flavors complemented by the base tequila’s subtle minerality with agave sweetness. Tanteo Tequila is ideal for the home entertainer or spicy margarita lover, taking out the guesswork and offering a perfectly balanced cocktail every time.
Tanteo Tequila (SRP: $39.99) is available in all 50 states in fine bars, restaurants and spirits shops, as well as online directly through their website
- Tod & Vixen’s Dry Gin 1651 by The Vale Fox Distillery ($39.99):
- Made in Hudson Valley, NY by Master Distiller Roselyn Thomson in collaboration with three bartending legends: the late Gaz Regan, Leo Robitschek, and Jeffery Morgenthaler. This 100% wheat neutral spirit, non-chill filtered, features botanicals including red rooibos tea and Makrut lime.
- Specifically designed to enhance the flavors of gin cocktails, the inaugural Tod & Vixen’s Dry Gin 1651 is made by macerating botanicals — including juniper, angelica root, and rooibos tea — to extract their flavors, then non-chill filtering to retain the unearthed profile. The resulting sip is bold on the entry, giving way to a well-balanced, vibrant gin with a weighty mouthfeel.As the esteemed gaz Regan put it: “THIS GIN ROCKS.”
Woodford Reserve DioNYCus
Created by Leanne Kubiez, Cincinnati
3 parts Woodford Reserve Double Oaked
.5 parts Byrrh
.5 parts Antica Formula
.25 parts Punch Abruzzo
.25 parts Angostura bitters
.5 parts water
4-5 dashes Fee Brother’s Plum Bitters
All ingredients should be combined, decanted, and served at room temperature like a dessert wine or an amaro.
Serve in a sherry/cordial glass with two pieces of dark chocolate
The recipe serves 2 people as it is meant to be shared after dinner with friends as a digestif.
Tanteo Tequila Red-Pepper-Ita
13/4 oz. Tanteo® Chipotle Tequila
1/4 oz. Mezcal
3/4 oz. Red Pepper Purée
1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
1/2 oz. Light Agave Nectar (or simple syrup)
Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice.
Shake well and strain into an ice-filled. Rocks Glass (smoky salt rim optional).
Garnish with a red pepper wedge.
Tod & Vixen’s Dry Gin Negroni 1651
Created by the late, great gaz regan (NY)
1.5 oz Tod & Vixen’s Dry Gin 1651
1 oz Cocchi Storico Vermouth di Torino
1 oz Campari
Stir with ice in an ice-filled rocks glass,
Garnish with an orange wedge, then serve.
Thank you to Vale Fox Distillery, Tanteo Tequila, and Woodford Reserve Whiskys for these great recipes as well as insight about their brand!
________________________DEALS and STEALS(Affiliate Links)
I curate deals that offer bonuses, bargains, and great products –and some are very specifically for this site to feature to my audience because I want my audience to get amazing products from great brands!
Disclosure: some of the links on this post might have affiliate links! It costs you nothing. If you buy something, the brand pays me a small percentage.
If you purchase via my link, I make a very small percentage for that purchase. It does not add any additional cost to the product. The price you see is the retail price (depending on store or vendor) .
Sunscreens Are Essential in Summer: Try COOLA Full Spectrum 360 Sun Silk Drops SPF 30
COOLA’s breakthrough Sun Silk Drops— your daily Full Spectrum 360° protection from the sun, environmental toxins, and digital overexposure.
Their advanced organic formula is light-as-air yet protects against broad-spectrum UVA/UVB, IR (infrared), and HEV (high energy visible) Light, meaning they’ve got you covered from beach to board meeting. A fast-absorbing complex blend of plant stem cells and patented LightWaves Defense [JS+M] technology helps to prevent visible signs of aging from both indoor and outdoor daily aggressors. Finally, full spectrum organic skincare that keeps up with your everyday modern lifestyle!
What else you need to know:
This product is formulated without oxybenzone. It is vegan, non-GMO, TSA-friendly, and cruelty-free.
Subscribe to RSS headline updates from: http://feeds.feedburner.com/la-story/Bpyd
Powered by FeedBurner
If you are going to feature content from LA-Story.com including images, podcasts or videos including the accompanying text, please respect copyright provisions. We require a notation of content origination (meaning credit tag), a link- back to the specific page & please email the link to email@example.com before the piece goes live.
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc./TNBT Inc 2007-22