Maybe you cook– and maybe you don’t. Or maybe this year, you want to do something different. (sooooooo been there, done that). Sometimes having a holiday dinner out is more fun because you had walk away having what you wanted without having to clean up any of the mess or pass dishes of food around. It’s called a simpler idea!
The Churchill, Los Angeles is serving up Thanksgiving for you all day. It’s worth the drive because there won’t be any traffic (due to the NBA lockout) so you can’t tell me it’s too long a drive. It’s closer than you think and definitely not Grandma’s house or cooking (no offense to your grandmother either but really– it’s time to set your own traditions)
Here’s the fabulous deal for the day.
The Churchill will serve a special 3-course Thanksgiving prix-fixe menu for $35.Wine, cocktail and beer specials will be available.
Here’s your menu: Guests will select one item per course.
- Roasted Tahitian squash soup with amaretto foam
- Arugula salad, candied pecans, pumpkin vinaigrette, pomegranate
- Traditional plate: white/dark meat, chestnut dressing, spiced cranberry sauce, whipped potato, traditional gravy, blue lake green beans almondine
- Braised beef cheek, confit carrots and shallots, bordelaise, gremolata
– Stuffed heirloom squash, red winter wheat berry, glazed carrots, creamed spinach, tomato sauce
- Pumpkin cheesecake, candied pecan crust, red currant gastrique, cinnamon chantilly
- Heirloom apple crustada, vanilla ice cream, caramel
Incognito Blend- Lodi, CA 2009 $15 Bottle
Windmill Zinfandel- Lodi, CA 2007 $20 Bottle
Featured Specialty Cocktail-
Spiced pumpkin infused rum, egg white, bailey’s, honey, cinnamon rim, fresh ground nutmeg $12
(This sounds heavenly to me! I will try to get the proportions/recipe on this because I would LOVE to be making this for a party)
Daily happy hour–3-7pm
-$4 wells, select wine and craft beer (perfect for that craft beer lover in the crowd)
The Churchill is open for business almost any time– and definitely worth your time whether it’s a trip fromn the west side or the OC to come visit this place. The food is stellar and I think I love the bar already– and I have a feeling that you might as well.
If you want to feature content from LA-Story.com, please remember to linkback to the specific page & please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc. 2007-12