Charla Krupp , Beauty & Fashion Expert, Talks (PODCAST!!) About Looking Better & How Not to Look Old!
Beauty and Style Expert Charla Krupp (In Style, E!, “Today” Show, “Oprah,” Shop, Etc., Eve.com), and author of the new New York Times best-selling book HOW NOT TO LOOK OLD: Fast and Effortless Ways to Look 10 Years Younger, 10 Pounds Lighter and 10 Times Better
Look at the cover of this book. Does this woman look old to you? Well she’s not but she’s not in her twenties either- (neither am I.. and very glad not to be— because of the mistakes and stupidity of the things I did)
Ever wonder why some fifty-year-olds look like they’re forty and others look like they’re sixty? Today everyone wants to look ten years younger than they are – not to mention 10 pounds lighter and 10 times better! Forty is the new thirty; fifty is the new forty and so on. Looking younger is not all about lucky genes; it takes a little work to look Y&H (young & hip) and not like an OL (old lady).
While eating salmon and doing yoga are good things to do for sure, they won’t give you the instant results, and we want results. Real, visible, instant results!
Here is a conversation I had with Charla Krupp last week about this book. She will be at the King of Prussia Mall at Bloomingdales TODAY at 1 PM!! — so get going to the store and buy a book and have her sign it!
21 tips from HOW NOT TO LOOK OLD
1. Get good skin. Clear of age spots and imperfections. The better your skin, the less makeup you need. You want to the look of radiant skin, not uneven and dull. I like the Olay Definity line because it fights both age spots and wrinkles and the foam moisturizer also comes with an spf 15. It’s a three in one!
2. Manage your wrinkles–moisturize! With great skincare available at mass market retailers, there is no reason to have dry and dehydrated skin which really shows off wrinkles and lines.
3. Switch from dark to light lipstick. Lose the deep burgundy, wear pink with gloss and you’ll light up your face. Dark lipstick bleeds in lip lines and makes your lips look thin–and sad.
4. Lose the heavy eyeliner. A thin line close to the lash line will help define your eyes–which is where you want people to look.
5. Whiten your teeth. Dingy yellow and gray teeth are aging. Youthful teeth are white and bright. Whether you do it at home with Crest Whitestrips or at the dentist, just do it.
6. Cut some bangs…they hide a multitude of beauty sins (lined forehead, receding hairline). Most everyone looks younger and hipper (Y&H) with bangs.
Charla’s Brilliant Buys Under $35
Charla is a not an “easy sell”. She has pretty exacting standards from her time at Glamour, InStyle and other magazines. To make the cut, her “Brilliant Buys” have to
1. deliver results,
2. be user-friendly and
3. look good enough to keep on the bathroom shelf
4) Justify the cost– either up or down. Cost is not the issue: efficasy is the key!
Her favorites include
– Olay Definity Deep Penetrating Foaming Moisturizer: Penetrates up to 10 layers deep to even skin tone and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, revealing luminous, more flawless skin that appears lit from within. ($27.99 at mass retailers) ( PS.. I just got this for review and it’s every bit as good as Charla says it is! I am sold. I just bought more products from this line!)
– CoverGirl VolumeExact Mascara: Flexible brush applicator has tiny micro chambers that surround individual lashes with the right amount of mascara to create voluminous, yet separated lashes. ($6.99 at mass retailers)
– Sonia Kashuk Deluxe Brush Set: Filled with a series of brushes to meet all your makeup application needs, including a Blush Brush, Large Eye Shadow Brush, Concealer Brush, Small Eye Shadow Brush, Angled Eye Shadow Brush, Smudge Brush and Lash/Brow Comb. ($19.99 at Target)
– Clarol Nice ‘n Easy Gray Solution: Provides up to 6 weeks of brilliant, natural-looking hair color with dimension and shine while covering 100% of gray hairs. ($8.99 at mass retailers)
Where to buy the book
Barnes and Noble
Subscribe to RSS headline updates
Powered by FeedBurner
© 2007 KBP Inc.