Oscar’s Best Hair Looks of the Night! Byu-ti’s Natasha Sunshine Shows You How to Get the Look!
Natasha Sunshine of the Byu-Ti Salon (Santa Monica, CA) gives you tips on how to get the red carpet hair you want, from three of the top hairstyles from the 83rd Annual Academy Awards.
Sleek and Chic: Gwyneth Paltrow
Nothing gets you sleeker than a flat iron.
My personal favorite is the Nano Ceramic by Bio-Ionic but there are lots of terrific irons out there.
· Begin by using a smoothing styler like Pureology’s Cuticle Polisher throughout your damp hair.
· Blow dry hair to 90% dry.
· Begin at the nape of your neck, taking one-inch thick sections (1/2 inch for very thick hair).
· Spray each section with a shine-based product like Glossing Mist by Pureology before ironing, to lock in extra shine.
· Continue like this until entire head is complete.
1. Starting in the back helps you to get the hardest part finished first before your arms get too tired.
2. Check the weather and stay away from this look in high humidity or rain
3. This style is best suited to oval face shapes and angular features
(PS: The Bio-Ionic line is full of killer hair tools that will have your hair looking amazing!!)
Asymmetrical Waves: Natalie Portman –
What’s great about this look is less work. Only one side has to look perfect!
· Begin by blow drying hair smooth. Pureology’s Nourishing Nectar is the perfect product because it will give you hold and polish.
· Once hair is dry, using the medium to large rollers, set hair in previously mentioned pattern using hot rollers.
· Leave rollers in until cool.
· Remove and brush through air using a boar bristle brush.
· Choose your better side and pin hair to one side using large bobby pins that match your hair color.
· Start at the nape with the open end facing to the ceiling and crisscross pins to the back middle of your head.
· Let your crown hair hang over pins.
· Use one hairpin (or “U” shaped pin) to keep the hair hanging down in place.
1. The hairpin can be placed directly in to the crisscrossed pattern to lock it in place.
2. This style is best suited to rounder face shapes and medium length hair
Dramatic Pony: Nicole Kidman—
This style is gives a new spin to the classic ponytail.
· Begin by blow drying hair and smooth over style with a flat iron.
· Create a side part and pull out select bangs/fringe.
· Tease or lace the crown area for extra height.
· Pull hair back into a sleek ponytail, making sure to gently comb over the height in crown
· Using the sharp end of a tail comb to add volume to your crown if needed.
· Spray your hair with a strong hold hairspray like Strengthening Control Hairspray by Pureology, to set the look.
1. Use the fine side of your comb when brushing hair back into the ponytail to prevent lumps.
2. Hit fringe with flat iron when your look is complete for lasting smoothness
3. This style is best suited to an oval face shape with soft features.
Thanks to Natasha Sunshine for the fast and easy tips on how to recreate the special looks from 2011 Oscar red carpet for YOUR red carpet moments– whether it’s birthdays, proms, weddings, or other special events.
We love Byu-Ti salon for all the great ideas and easy way they give you to take care of your hair!
Stevie Wilson, LA-Story.com
If you want to feature content from LA-Story.com, please remember to linkback to the specific page & please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
LA-Story.com, LA-Story Recessionista, Celebrity Stylescope, Celebrity Style Slam Trademark/Copyright: KBP Inc. 2007-11